Clyde vs Arbroath

Doubt a charity match will match the exertions of a competitive game. In any case, he's what we're missing in midfield - Gray was pretty poor in there today. As has been said, we performed well in the first half and had chances to extend our lead, but Arbroath did well after the break and we were largely spent as an attacking force. Alan Martin and poor finishing once again rescued us, but to play as we did in that first half against a good outfit is encouraging.

We're still a bit toothless on the wings, easily exposed at full back and lack some legs/composure in central areas, but I'm fairly confident we'll not finish 10th. Finally, I think Ferguson got it right tactically. The substitutions were a tad bizarre but I felt the shape of the team throughout was good.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt a charity match will match the exertions of a competitive game. In any case, he's what we're missing in midfield - Gray was pretty poor in there today. As has been said, we performed well in the first half and had chances to extend our lead, but Arbroath did well after the break and we were largely spent as an attacking force. Alan Martin and poor finishing once again rescued us, but to play as we did in that first half against a good outfit is encouraging.

We're still a bit toothless on the wings, easily exposed at full back and lack some legs/composure in central areas, but I'm fairly confident we'll not finish 10th. Finally, I think Ferguson got it right tactically. The substitutions were a tad bizarre but I felt the shape of the team throughout was good.

Marsh and McManus were dubbed due to injuries

598 when you opened the gates to the public, eh? #bigteam #sleepinggiant

Still about 150+ on average crowds at Broadwood, ya wee cow. Other than a few tweets by the club I don't think it was advertised as well as it could've been so it was never going to be a roaring success

Still about 150+ on average crowds at Broadwood, ya wee cow. Other than a few tweets by the club I don't think it was advertised as well as it could've been so it was never going to be a roaring success

In all seriousness, the board need their arses kicked for their lack of action on that one. People might not want to come and watch lower league football on a regular basis, but I refuse to believe that only 500 locals would be interested in going to watch Clyde for a small fee on a one off basis. If done properly there would have been over 1,000 inside Broadwood today, surely?

In all seriousness, the board need their arses kicked for their lack of action on that one. People might not want to come and watch lower league football on a regular basis, but I refuse to believe that only 500 locals would be interested in going to watch Clyde for a small fee on a one off basis. If done properly there would have been over 1,000 inside Broadwood today, surely?

With the Sevco game off I thought a few of their fans would come and see King Barry

We pulled just over a thousand for the play off game vs East Fife but that was our biggest game for years.

Pleased with a point but we were hanging on for dear life at the end and made things hard for ourselfs. Ferguson was screaming for us to push up but no one listened.

Thought we could have won today but we clearly lack belief and hardly pushed anyone forward.

Huge game next week, a win would make all that wee bit more rosey.

Thought Clyde did well today. 1st half we never settled at all far to many over hit passes and bad touches. Defence looked ropey. 2nd half I thought we looked much more settled, Stewart should start next week now IMO. Let's hope Murray finds his shooting boots. That Montrose 2-2 game seems to have knocked suhin out of us. Need to get back on form. Nicoll is such a big miss. Johnstone and McBride are too but Nicolls our leader and we are missing his grit and ability. Hope we get him back soon.

First half our game plan was obvious and it generally worked as our midfield had the legs to get up the pitch and offer some support. Ferguson moaning as we took a short corner and then scored from it was comical.

Second half you could see what was coming a mile off; tiredness resulting in no out ball. We should have put another striker on alongside McManus before they levelled as that would've helped us stay up the pitch.

Good performances from Traynor (one mental lunge inside the box aside) and Fisher. Can't talk up Alan Martin enough though, another top performance in goals.

Finally, McDougall is absolutely dreadful. Doesn't look interested in playing at this level.

In general, we desperately need additions. We've not replaced Smith's engine or Gibson/Sinclair's composure in retaining possession; and we weren't very good when they were at the club. Other than Gramovics/Nicol's brief stints we've not had a decent midfielder since dropping out of Division 1 and that's a dreadful indictment on all of those managers.

How did Grant, Rowan and McGeever play?

McGeever looked ok, big lad and pretty slow but makes up for it in his height. No gonna lie Rowan was scaring me 1st half all over the place the 1st half hour we got lucky they never exposed it a few times. After that 1st half hour he settled into a really decent game though I was impressed at his desire to get forward. Grant was very tidy on the ball but hard game for him to come into, when he came on Clyde were in the process of setting up camp made it difficult for him to find space. Overall a decent run out for all 3.

First half our game plan was obvious and it generally worked as our midfield had the legs to get up the pitch and offer some support. Ferguson moaning as we took a short corner and then scored from it was comical.

Second half you could see what was coming a mile off; tiredness resulting in no out ball. We should have put another striker on alongside McManus before they levelled as that would've helped us stay up the pitch.

Good performances from Traynor (one mental lunge inside the box aside) and Fisher. Can't talk up Alan Martin enough though, another top performance in goals.

Finally, McDougall is absolutely dreadful. Doesn't look interested in playing at this level.

In general, we desperately need additions. We've not replaced Smith's engine or Gibson/Sinclair's composure in retaining possession; and we weren't very good when they were at the club. Other than Gramovics/Nicol's brief stints we've not had a decent midfielder since dropping out of Division 1 and that's a dreadful indictment on all of those managers.

I also had a wee chuckle at Ferguson having a tantrum about the short corner.

Aye, I mean more in terms of who went on and where. Would've had Durie in front of McGhee and had McQueen more advanced to try and hold the ball up.

When McManus went off it should have been Daly that was brought on. We had 3 forwards on the bench in watt, daly and currie and he brought on a defender instead.

We were very disjointed for the last 10 mins or so. McQueen went up front then almost immediately tracked their number 4 back to our own penalty box.

From a previous aggregate score of 9-2, a point has to be seen as a good thing. Performance wise i thought it very similar to a lot of games up until we concede. Had we not scored, we would not have found an equaliser with Arbroath stepping it up, but more fighting spirit like that in the rest of the games, and what was shown at Hampden, should see us relatively safe. Still nowhere near being a properly good football team though.

Archived