Fortitude

Elixir

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just finished watching this, I've smashed the first series in over the last couple of days. Without being able to say why I thought it was really good, I liked that I didn't know where it was 'going' so didn't really have any expectations. A few holes, like what was Dan doing round at the Profs house right at the start but I can live with that, not exactly essential to the plot. I hope they don't just go wit more of the same (but bigger) for season 2 with the mammoths down the bore hole where the Russian boy is. 

Looks like they've started filming season 2, IMDB has some people down as being in more than 11 episodes and there's some new actors in the mix. Second series can go either way, I thought series 2 of Homeland was just utter dogshit, cranking up the 'tension' and there are other examples so fingers crossed. I'll be giving it a go anyway. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498622/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• 6 months later...

Watched the first season again and looking forward to the second season. I really like the Thing and there is clearly some overlap with this in terms of setting, mystery and distrust between characters and the wasp infection.

Part of what made the first season so good was the intrigue of wanting to know what the f**k was happening. Now that's all out in the open not sure if the second season will be as good.

New series of this kicks off on Sky Atlantic tomorrow night. Really looking forward to it. I was a big fan of the first series. 

Thought the first season built up a good bit of intrigue and suspense in the first 3 or 4 episodes, but then just became a bit of a chore to watch and a bit of an anti-climax in the end.

Will give Season 2 a chance though.

5 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

Anyone watched part 1 of season 2?

I've recorded it but was wondering if it'll be total cack!

Recorded it as well but not sure yet if I'm going to watch it on weekly basis or whether to download the full box set which is available now and watch it over 2 or 3 days.

48 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Recorded it as well but not sure yet if I'm going to watch it on weekly basis or whether to download the full box set which is available now and watch it over 2 or 3 days.

Didn't know the set was available now!

You go first ;)

Watched the first three episodes and it's following a similar pattern to the first season. There has been a number of deaths, all in the same manner, which is one of the mysterious this season. The wildlife continues to act strange and there is the fallout from the wasp infection. Looks like you will be drip fed info as each episode goes by similar to the last season.

I really liked Tucci and Dormer's characters from the first season. The other police officers have featured a lot more and there just not as interesting characters. Dormer is still in it but has been a bit part character so far. Dennis Quaid hasn't had too much to do yet but it's fairly obvious he will play a big role.

If you liked the first season then it will be worth checking out but it's not holding my attention as much as the first season.

11 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Yeah, to find that out you'd've had to go all the way back to.............the post before yours ;)

I was in conversation with JOC and the main thrust of my post was that he watch it first and give a precis much like Jack Burton has done.

So epic fail etc. etc.:lol:

11 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Ouchemoji15.png

Even more so:1eye