Games ON?OFF 24th Jan

Loughal

Pitch at Ardeer was completely unplayable only yesterday but thanks to some borrowed equipment and the efforts of a number of committee and helpers, along with today's rain, it's now in much better condition. An inspection will still be needed early tomorrow morning though.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waterlogging will be a severe issue for many now.

Formartine v Fraserburgh in the Highland League has tumbled mainly due to the amount of water that's been left behind.

I passed Stonehaven earlier and will be shocked if that goes ahead. Deveronside were due to host Banks O'Dee but that fixture has now been reversed to Spain Park with a 1430ko.

Port park looks great today and passed greenock a park about an hour ago looked clear and looked ok but could not see if had puddles in corners or at.

Thanks for the info, I understand that Greenock's park has good drainage so fingers crossed.

Hill o Beath will be off if they are worried they might damage their pitch nap

Walked Tayport a few minutes ago. Very squelchy as water cant quite all get away yet. But not hard on top and no sign of standing water.

A decent night and should be fine.

When I left St Andrews at 5.30pm the Uni area was similar. Top inch or 2 soft but water not yet getting totally away.

Very little rain hit this area today so fortunate.

I see in the Highland league, that Brora and Cove have agreed with the improved weather, to play their match on sunday if postponed tomorrow.

Novel thinking.

Suppose no chance in the juniors as saturday is swally night.

Archived