Games ON?OFF 24th Jan

Loughal

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Culter v Linlithgow & Spey Valley v Penicuik both off according to North Region website

Ok we've had freezing temperatures for a number of days but I can't help but think this is a little premature. Although todays higher temperatures are probably a little too late, surely 26hours before kick off is a little early to be calling off?

Culter v Linlithgow & Spey Valley v Penicuik both off according to North Region website

Ok we've had freezing temperatures for a number of days but I can't help but think this is a little premature. Although todays higher temperatures are probably a little too late, surely 26hours before kick off is a little early to be calling off?

Teams have buses to cancel if they are travelling that sort of distance.

Ground thawing fairly well in St Andrews this morning. Currently 6 degrees and not raining.

Got business fairly close to the Rec shortly so will report back.

If St Andrew is okay then Tayport and hopefully Dundee should follow suit.

The Parkk, St Andrews is still hard in large patches (both 18 yard boxes and nearside) with water sitting on top of the solid ground, if it stays well above freezing overnight then it might stand a chance but as usual forecasts are contradicting each other

Both of tomorrow's Scottish Junior Cup fourth round ties involving clubs from the North Region have been postponed.

The ties - Culter v Linlithgow Rose and Spey Valley v Penicuik Athletic - will now take place on Saturday 31st January.

Is there no thaw in shotts?

Possibly the thaws a couple of days too late? The rain will clear the snow but the permafrost will have been insulated by the snow.

I wouldn't make any concrete plans to travel, as I won't be. I'm looking for another game to attend rather than sitting in the house. Again!

Possibly the thaws a couple of days too late? The rain will clear the snow but the permafrost will have been insulated by the snow.

I wouldn't make any concrete plans to travel, as I won't be. I'm looking for another game to attend rather than sitting in the house. Again!

Game has a more than good chance of going ahead. All depends on what happens overnight. I'll update tomorrow morning from the park. ????????????

Game has a more than good chance of going ahead. All depends on what happens overnight. I'll update tomorrow morning from the park. ????????????

Great news Cass, apologies to the Medda lads if I was misleading.

Great news Cass, apologies to the Medda lads if I was misleading.[/quote

No probs mate. When I left for work this morning the grass was still covered but the thaw today has given the park a great chance of being on. The danger could be frost or rain overnight. As it stands just now its looking good and at last get a game on. Hope Medda bring a good support with them up challenging for the title

Archived