Paul Nuttall

Elixir

Totally agree. I didn't feel this kind of atmosphere 10 years ago either in Scotland or down south.

In fairness I am down in London / Kent /Essex once every couple of months and never encountered any hostility. One or two questons about the referendum before September 18th but that's about it.

It may be tough for some to take, but English folk in the M25 / Home Counties really don't seem to care very much eiother way whether Scotland goes or not. Of course there are a few roasters (my borther in law included) shitting out badly digested examples of Daily Telegraph editorials on the subject, but most really don't seem to care.

Maybe it's a different story further north.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of them. I'm not defending UKIP or the comments. I'm just saying, that before people get all offended and furious, they should maybe look at the way they themselves behave, for example people on here and Wings over Scotland.

Hold on, the people here are not standing for election or looking to wield power in any way, this idiot is a national figure. In what way should ordinary people hold themselves to different values or behaviour to a high-ranking politician of a "major" party?

Hold on, the people here are not standing for election or looking to wield power in any way, this idiot is a national figure. In what way should ordinary people hold themselves to different values or behaviour to a high-ranking politician of a "major" party?

I don't think ordinary people should hold themselves to different values. I don't think it's any more or less offensive depending on who's saying it. I just think it's a bit hypocritical saying, or ignoring similar bile on here, then getting all upset when an idiot like him says something equally as ridiculous from the other side.

I'd also rather know his true colours (saying what he thinks) than him hiding them because he's high up in a political party.

Which is ridiculous.

Not really IMO. I want politicians to say what they believe so people can decide whether they agree with them or not. I don't want them to pretend to be something they're not.

And if I make a racist comment about Chinese people or whoever, I can hardly, with any credibility criticise a politician (or someone like this idiot who isn't even an MP yet) who makes a racist comment themselves. It's not more acceptable just because I'm not a politician.

And if I make a racist comment about Chinese people or whoever, I can hardly, with any credibility criticise a politician (or someone like this idiot who isn't even an MP yet) who makes a racist comment themselves. It's not more acceptable just because I'm not a politician.

That's ridicolous. The PM tweets 'Muslims r dumb'. That's like Reynard's rants?

I just think it's a bit hypocritical saying, or ignoring similar bile on here, then getting all upset when an idiot like him says something equally as ridiculous from the other side.

It's not the same mate. That is fucking Question Time. Not a random blog.

Thought he was talking absolute nonsense. One of the major points was when he said we've got 'Devo Max'. No, we don't. We've been given more devolution, but it's not devo max. Considering he seemed so passionate, you'd expect him to know what he's talking about.

Again, he also didn't understand what devolution means, since us having some free stuff that England don't seems to mean we're somehow scroungers when we're just using what we get fairly from the Barnett Formula. And then there was the criticism for the SNP voting on issues that Labour, the Tories and Lib Dems have been voting on since our parliament was formed.

To be honest though, having a proper discussion about Scotland without a representative from Scotland being there at all was a bit daft. Some of them just don't really have a clue what they're on about when it comes to us though, which is worrying since they're supposed to be astute politicians.

Thought he was talking absolute nonsense. One of the major points was when he said we've got 'Devo Max'. No, we don't. We've been given more devolution, but it's not devo max. Considering he seemed so passionate, you'd expect him to know what he's talking about.

Again, he also didn't understand what devolution means, since us having some free stuff that England don't seems to mean we're somehow scroungers when we're just using what we get fairly from the Barnett Formula. And then there was the criticism for the SNP voting on issues that Labour, the Tories and Lib Dems have been voting on since our parliament was formed.

To be honest though, having a proper discussion about Scotland without a representative from Scotland being there at all was a bit daft. Some of them just don't really have a clue what they're on about when it comes to us though, which is worrying since they're supposed to be astute politicians.

Nuttall didn't mention DevoMax it was the Lol Dem nomark..

I have friends and family in the North and South of England.

Like last night's QT panel and audience they really do not understand Scotland and seem perplexed as to why a sizeable percentage of Scots wish to leave the Union.

They are totally fed up with ConDem/Labour politicians and they can only vent their agnst against them by supporting UKIP.

Like the above poster I think the next parliament is going to be good fun to watch.

If all the Nationalist parties plus UKIP and LibDems form a rainbow alliance and refuse to join a pact with either Labour or The Tories that would be even funnier.

great anecdote

Archived