Livingston vs. Hearts/Hearts vs Livingston 7th/14th February

Can't be too disappointed with that considering I was expecting to lose by about 4. Though I am a bit disappointed that we just seemed to collapse for a couple of minutes and let Hearts score 2 to put the game to bed.

Talbot's kick looked bad but didn't think it was that bad until seeing a couple of pictures of it, worse than his one against Dumbarton. There were high feet flying about all game and it's a bit lucky only one player got it bad. Could have easily been a red after looking at it a bit more, referee couldn't have got much more wrong today if he tried. Thought he was going to book our lad for diving near the end rather than a penalty and red for the Hearts player but it was one of the few things he got right.

Didn't think I'd come away from the game thinking we were a bit unlucky, we were all over Hearts at times in the second half and had enough chances to take the lead and what would have been a very welcome point or three. Don't think next week will go like that and we'll probably get thumped (really this time).

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest though, at least one of your thug players should have been sent packing in the first half.

Talbot's kick looked bad but didn't think it was that bad until seeing a couple of pictures of it, worse than his one against Dumbarton. There were high feet flying about all game and it's a bit lucky only one player got it bad. Could have easily been a red after looking at it a bit more,

:)

If you can't beat them, batter them. Old school tactic.

Obrein was at fault for the 2nd goal. Held off and held off and held off - put a foot in!!!

We chucked it at the end, didn't deserve to lose but I suppose that's a sign of champions.

Has the livi thug been jailed yet? Ridiculous that he only got a yellow card for that, the picture of Nicholson's face is absolutely horrible.

He's got history doing things like that. He's a talentless hatchetman. How he was not sent off is beyond me.

post-33799-0-41951700-1423331842_thumb.j

He's got history doing things like that. He's a talentless hatchetman. How he was not sent off is beyond me.

I know why he wasn't sent off. It's because referees in this country are spineless shitebags who are absolutely terrible at their job. Can't think of one referee in this country who I'd class as a decent ref never mind a good ref.

We were hopeless today, McGhee and Wilson in particular were minging. But the points are all that matter at this stage of the season, if we can win ugly I'll take that.

Though if Talbot is sent off as he should've been the game's over. We'd be a goal ahead against 10 men for a whole half. The ref was an embarrassment.

I imagine he'll be in for a torrid reception from the Tynecastle faithful in the return leg next week. 8)

Good to see us get three away goals this afternoon as well. 8)

From where I was, Livi's first goal looked ridiculously offside. Anyone seen it again?

Hearts were torture btw.

I know it's needs must but RN needs to stop playing McGee out of position. Gona ruin the guys confidence. He looked a nervous wreck today

I imagine he'll be in for a torrid reception from the Tynecastle faithful in the return leg next week. 8)

Good to see us get three away goals this afternoon as well. 8)

Doubt he cares really. Hearts fans only make noise the first few minutes and when they score.

Talbot's foul does looks bad and admittedly could have been a red. I will decide when I see the footage.but prior to that Livi players were getting booked every time they went near Hearts the whole of the first half. I counted at least 3 high boots from Hearts that we got nothing from. As one sided refereeing as I've seen for a while.

Livi battled well but Hearts superiority showed in the end. I'm just glad it wasn't a hammering.

Was at the game and whilst Talbots foul looked bad at the time it didnt look anywhere near as bad as the pictures show it so can understand why it was a yellow.

Brad fouled a man on the 6 yard line so was never staying on. Unfortunate for him. They'd have scored it anyway.

Overall a pretty poor performance from Hearts today and Livvy did what every other club who has troubled us has which is play quick progressive football down the middle. Give us time out wide or on the ball and we will do you 4 or 5 goals.

Happy at 3 points and another stepping stone to the title.

Doubt he cares really. Hearts fans only make noise the first few minutes and when they score.

To be fair, there's not much to shout about while watching football in a hick town like Livingston.

Archived