Accies - Killie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A really poor game, that.

As for the penalty decision, really difficult to tell from our vantage point. It did look from our angle that the ball bounced up after Pascali's tackle, indicating that he might have got the ball. As Killie fans will know I usually don't need a second invitation to berate our captain, so will be interesting to see on the highlights if it was as clear cut as the Accies fans thought it was.

Oh, and kudos to the seething guy who called Clyde after the game to moan about the "Killie centre half Emerenko who made... Whit? Aw ma mates are saying it was Perrali." :lol:

I noticed Lyle Taylor scored Owsley.Would have done a job,but must be that 9k a week Thistle are paying that discouraged us. From fighting at the top to fighting to stay in the top six.You happy with 3 home games with no goals in a row?

He'd have been a good signing but maybe his previous association with Thistle swayed him. I'm happy with the season overall and always expected a poor run at some point. I'm very happy we took in so much for Andreu but it did not give us much time to look for a replacement. Maybe blame Alex Neil for that!

100k for Loy would not break the bank it would be a investment! NH is a ok player but will not return the volume of goals we need!

What volume of goals do Accies need between now and the end of the season, when Loy will be avaialble for zilch ?

As far as I can see only Dundee can put us outside the top six by gaining 9 or more points than Accies over 8 games, highly unlikely.

After the split we won't be challenging the top 4, so we will be fighting over 5th or 6th place , was it worth spending £100k to maybe finish 5th instead of 6th ?

The important thing is to strengthen in the summer, we will need to replace in all probability Gordon, Hendrie, Scotland and possibly Crawford.

What volume of goals do Accies need between now and the end of the season, when Loy will be avaialble for zilch ?

As far as I can see only Dundee can put us outside the top six by gaining 9 or more points than Accies over 8 games, highly unlikely.

After the split we won't be challenging the top 4, so we will be fighting over 5th or 6th place , was it worth spending £100k to maybe finish 5th instead of 6th ?

The important thing is to strengthen in the summer, we will need to replace in all probability Gordon, Hendrie, Scotland and possibly Crawford.

Had we won at Dundee and against Killie we would most definitely be challenging for top 4. All it takes is UTD to have a run of a few bad games and us to have a couple of wins and suddenly we are in the mix again. It boils down to tiny margins which make the difference between having a place in Europe to falling out the top 6 altogether. I still have a glimmer of hope that we can get a decent run going.

I doubt Utd will have a run of bad games , we still have to go to Tannadice and then play them again after the split , they would always do enough to finsih above Accies.

We are nowhere need good enogh to be top 4, especailly once Alex Neil left.

UTD are a good side no doubt but they are frail at the back, we've scored 4 against them in 2 games. We were very poor on the 2nd occasion. If we were to somehow go on a run, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility to catch them.

Watched that non-penalty a few times now, and I have to admit we got out of jail with that one. Facile to say these things even out, I know, but I've seen us miss out as well in the past. Also seen soft ones given and conceded - that's what makes football football.

Watched that non-penalty a few times now, and I have to admit we got out of jail with that one. Facile to say these things even out, I know, but I've seen us miss out as well in the past. Also seen soft ones given and conceded - that's what makes football football.

Hmmm. I don't know how anyone can tell for sure with the awful angles we get. If it was on the basis of probability then with it being Pascali lunging in chances are he didn't get the ball and he'd be found guilty. Anyway, an absolute nothing game and I won't be too disheartened not to have to face Accies again this season given the fact we seemingly cancel each other out and provide zero entertainment whatsoever.

Best of luck to Accies for the rest of the season though. They deserve to be where they are far more than Dundee e.g.

Hmmm. I don't know how anyone can tell for sure with the awful angles we get. If it was on the basis of probability then with it being Pascali lunging in chances are he didn't get the ball and he'd be found guilty. Anyway, an absolute nothing game and I won't be too disheartened not to have to face Accies again this season given the fact we seemingly cancel each other out and provide zero entertainment whatsoever.

Best of luck to Accies for the rest of the season though. They deserve to be where they are far more than Dundee e.g.

It was very clear from the replays that he never got the ball.

QLP, I think we share an opinion that, given it was manu, chances are it was a penalty. Have to say there doesn't seem any deviation in the ball's path - my doubt is in whether the attacker was already on the way down before contact. Even if he was, Paska made it easy for the ref to give it - surprised he didn't.

Deeboy, I think you must be seeing things through prejudged glasses here. While I would say the balance of probability says it's a penalty, none of the angles I've seen are totally conclusive.

These things happen, and sometime between now and May we'll be raging that an assault on Messi by Goodwin, or a similar thug, goes unpunished and robs us of a point or two. Them's the breaks, as they say.

I was almost in line with it in the main stand, it was a stonewaller.

By pointing out what everyone has said (bar Kilmarnock fans, shock) ?

You're clutchin'.

Have to agree with Deeboy on this one. Absolute stonewall for me - red card too! Don't worry though, Pasca will give it another go this weekend and will definitely connect this time. (Hopefully it's on the half way line or out on the wing where he usually slide tackles).

AFib3fp.jpgLTqejdt.jpgi0Ob5cU.jpg

How's this angle for you?

Archived