Accies - Killie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That back four have played together plenty of times this season, and are all quite clearly first team players. It's complete and utter garbage to suggest that it was "virtually an U20 team".

No Curier up front and our central defence injured the week before in the UTD game. Darian MacKinnon was suspended as well so it was not much more than the 20s which is as we all know is the reserve team. Neil wasn't fit for it and Scotland had hardly kicked a ball up to then or in fact since then either. Gillespie is a midfielder by the way.

That back four have played together plenty of times this season, and are all quite clearly first team players. It's complete and utter garbage to suggest that it was "virtually an U20 team".

Ok maybe that quote is streching it, but i think with a 21 year old RB playing at centre half and with players like MAC, MacKinnon and Canning all missing, what our fans are getting at is we would have had much more strength and would have been more likely to win the match.

The 1st game was virtually our under 20s team and the last game should have been buried before the last ditch free kick. McKinnon missed a sitter with a few minutes to go. We were however the better team, created more and better chances and really should have won.

Completely disagree. Both teams were poor and I can't see how either side could claim to have been better than the other.

No Curier up front and our central defence injured the week before in the UTD game. Darian MacKinnon was suspended as well so it was not much more than the 20s which is as we all know is the reserve team. Neil wasn't fit for it and Scotland had hardly kicked a ball up to then or in fact since then either. Gillespie is a midfielder by the way.

Here's the number of starts each of these players has made this season:

McGovern (25)

Gordon (16)

Devlin (16)

Gillespie (24)

Hendrie (19)

Neil (7)

Imrie (23)

Crawford (24)

Andreu (21)

Redmond (15)

Scotland (4)

There is absolutely no measure under which you could argue that those guys are anything other than first team players. Neil and Scotland are the only two who haven't started a large chunk of your matches, and both are experienced top flight players.

That was then

Think we'll need a result here, with Aberdeen and Celtic being close after.

Struggled against Killie this season, Neil couldn't get a win, hopefully Canzo can. Haven't played bad just not taken our chances when they came along.

Might have a few new faces as canning is quoted as saying he might add a couple to the squad. Can't see to much changing though for me, just Redmond in for Imrie and if Devlin's fit I'd start him over Tena.

Back to winning ways for us hopefully, I'll say 2-1 to the Accies, with Scotland and Tony getting ours.

This is now

No attacking threat what so ever Killie will walk this, but because they're a team that like to make things difficult for themselves it'll only be 2-0 Killie.

Guessing at the Line up it have to be

McGovern
Gordon, Tena, Canning, Hendrie
Gillespie, Routledge
Longridge, Crawford, Redmond
Scotland

Difficult to see us going into this game with much confidence now, the team will mourn Andreu as much as they did Neil and even if we try, without any teeth our attacking charges will fizzle out quickly.

Would love to be proved wrong and I don't think we will necessarily concede many but would have hoped to have won this earlier in the week.

1-0 Killie.

McGovern

Gordon Canning Jesus Hendrie

Gills Routledge

Longridge Crawford Redmond

Scotland

Can't see us lining up any other way tbh. Hate putting Hendrie in any of my line - ups at the moment but can't see MacDonald coming in and Gordon has to stay at RB. Redmond's wasted out wide but wouldn't sacrifice Crawford at all as he's looking like the only player capable of grabbing a goal in that team. Or maybe Canning lol.

Archived