Aberdeen v Ross County, 7th Feb

Dolly the sheep is better tactically than McIntyre/Dodds.... Woeful performance, substitutions were bizzare.... Nothing good can be said.

Donny the sheep

Strange game first half we was dreadful but leading thanks to the terrible keeper error. Thought we should have had a pen as well and Rooney should have scored in the 1st minute apart from that dreadful. 2nd half made a sub with Pawlett on and that changed the game and we played better in the 2nd half. Do wonder if Ross county defender decided to leave it for the 2nd although I'm at the beach end stand so not the best of views. Also wonder if the Ross County keeper could have done better for the 3rd but was wanting more goals when Ross county went down to 10 men and we got another through Goodwillie.

McLean had a very quiet day for me did start quite well, concern for me is to see him play similar to Jack (hope he isn't away at end of the season)

Based on that performance Ross County are a nap to go down.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ross County battled hard in the first half but in the second it was just easy, if i'm being brutally honest.

The first goal was a complete gift, cock up from County goalie spilling it and Rooney tapping in. Third was a beauty from Logan from outside the box.

Craig Thomson was a complete embarrassment to refereeing again, fucking up with a simple advantage (pretty sure he was ref for Celtics league cup semi?) and then not giving Dons a penalty when Logan was fouled in the box at the end of the first half. Hang up the whistle you incompetent cretin.

Donny the sheep

Strange game first half we was dreadful but leading thanks to the terrible keeper error. Thought we should have had a pen as well and Rooney should have scored in the 1st minute apart from that dreadful. 2nd half made a sub with Pawlett on and that changed the game and we played better in the 2nd half. Do wonder if Ross county defender decided to leave it for the 2nd although I'm at the beach end stand so not the best of views. Also wonder if the Ross County keeper could have done better for the 3rd but was wanting more goals when Ross county went down to 10 men and we got another through Goodwillie.

McLean had a very quiet day for me did start quite well, concern for me is to see him play similar to Jack (hope he isn't away at end of the season)

Based on that performance Ross County are a nap to go down.

Gave you a greenie if only for avoiding use of "should of" instead of "should have".

tumblr_luiobog8Sr1qdoghio1_500.png

This season has been akin to watching Ivan Drago smashing in Apollo Creed's skull, on a loop. We're just sitting there watching a totally out of shape team get relentlessly pummelled by vastly superior opposition. And theres nothing we can do about it but stare blankly, oddly transfixed as we see the final few killer punches land.

I had more pleasurable times watching Dancer In The Dark or Grave Of The Fireflies. At least then you can justify the difficult viewing experience by claiming that what you've just endured has, in some form, a degree of artistic merit and you are perhaps becoming a more cultured individual by experiencing it. This season's Ross County "team" has about as much artistic merit as Adam Sandler's Jack & Jill.

tumblr_luiobog8Sr1qdoghio1_500.png

This season has been akin to watching Ivan Drago smashing in Apollo Creed's skull, on a loop. We're just sitting there watching a totally out of shape team get relentlessly pummelled by vastly superior opposition. And theres nothing we can do about it but stare blankly, oddly transfixed as we see the final few killer punches land.

I had more pleasurable times watching Dancer In The Dark or Grave Of The Fireflies. At least then you can justify the difficult viewing experience by claiming that what you've just endured has, in some form, a degree of artistic merit and you are perhaps becoming a more cultured individual by experiencing it. This season's Ross County "team" has about as much artistic merit as Adam Sandler's Jack & Jill.

And you laughed when I said I was going home from the St. Mirren game to watch something more uplifting, like Schindler's List.

And you laughed when I said I was going home from the St. Mirren game to watch something more uplifting, like Schindler's List.

At least there's an uplifting element to that. Ross County are yet to find their own Oskar Schindler.

I haven't seen the highlights, but I can see why the ref didn't give the pen: Logan was grappling just as much as his marker and it probably wasn't apparent to him who was infringing who.

There was no grappling involved, Logan was tripped. The highlights are on youtube via proxy

https://uk.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I8zbWxSVn1MnWxR%2BBsDqHeMoL8%2FqrO1EJfEv5O35yCo1w%3D%3D&bit=1

Archived