World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, LC Final 15th March

banana

Yes ... You'll never know when you'll see one again.

^ this sort of statement is why you get called a gloryhunter

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the looks of things for this match, Guidetti.

Are you suggesting that they don't have one? What is your point?

No, I'm suggesting you don't know who it is - which you've admitted - so you can't comment. Forrest was mouthing 'why?' when Guidetti asked for the ball, which is pretty clear indicator that it wasn't Guidetti. Stokes also appeared to be asking for it, and with Griffiths and Commons both off and the way the players were acting yes I would suggest that there was no designated player, as such, on the park at that point.

His last penalty was in the Champions League which he stuck away well, he had just scored a goal and had won the penalty, I'd say he had a pretty fair case for taking it. You obviously don't like the guy for some other reason though, so fire away.

No, I'm suggesting you don't know who it is - which you've admitted - so you can't comment. Forrest was mouthing 'why?' when Guidetti asked for the ball, which is pretty clear indicator that it wasn't Guidetti. Stokes also appeared to be asking for it, and with Griffiths and Commons both off and the way the players were acting yes I would suggest that there was no designated player, as such, on the park at that point.

His last penalty was in the Champions League which he stuck away well, he had just scored a goal and had won the penalty, I'd say he had a pretty fair case for taking it. You obviously don't like the guy for some other reason though, so fire away.

Stokes looked like he was trying to tell him to give it to Guidetti though.

If there's no designated taker on the pitch then its a fair shout to whoever gets fouled - or whoever grabs the ball I'd say. Forrest did both and yet 2 players were trying pretty hard to get it off him.

You could be right but I reckon there's more than 2 takers on the list - and Guidetti was ahead of Forrest in that list.

I have no issue with Forrest - other than the fact that he looked like a selfish wee dick in that instance.

Hope United fans enjoyed their day out. That's all that matters at the end of the day.

^^^ Dundee fan pontificating about days out :lol:

Decent energy from United (without the ball), but otherwise couldn't produce any concerted pressure and got very few breaks. Counter-attacks broke down again and again due to some shocking passing, Rankin in particular guilty. Both clear penalties, stupid challenges from Brown and Dixon... and yet only one given.

Rado and Big Fojut best for United, Dow dangerous in patches, and I thought Bilate did his job well enough, just absolutely no support from midfield and Dow failed to play him in a number of times. Absolutely nothing happened up front once Anier came on. Dillon has let the side down trying to be a hero and then with that shocking challenge.

Well done Celtic, deserved.

Two things could have swayed it in our favour, pen from Scot Brown's challenge on Dow and Dillon being taken off at half time.

The moment Celtic scored McNamara should have brought a midfielder on for Dillon and shifted McGowan back. Continuing with 6 defenders on the pitch when you're already losing is ridiculous. Although the sensible thing would have been to sub Dillon off straight away rather voluntarily play with 10 men against the best team in the country.

^^^ Dundee fan pontificating about days out :lol:

Decent energy from United (without the ball), but otherwise couldn't produce any concerted pressure and got very few breaks. Counter-attacks broke down again and again due to some shocking passing, Rankin in particular guilty. Both clear penalties, stupid challenges from Brown and Dixon... and yet only one given.

Rado and Big Fojut best for United, Dow dangerous in patches, and I thought Bilate did his job well enough, just absolutely no support from midfield and Dow failed to play him in a number of times. Absolutely nothing happened up front once Anier came on. Dillon has let the side down trying to be a hero and then with that shocking challenge.

Well done Celtic, deserved.

^^ Spot on. Pun intended. ^^

Archived