SFA Compliance Officer- Double standards?

I see from the BBC sport website that the SFA compliance officer is to investigate the Livingston player Talbot's "tackle" on the Hearts player with a view to retrospectively increasing the punishment. In the same week, Lee McCulloch guilty of two televised incidents where he stamped on a player but no investigation.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be totally wrong here but was Talbot booked ? I always thought if the referee had dealt with the decision in the game (McCulloch got a yellow) then that was always the end of it as the referee had deemed his punishment ...

As i said I could be totally wrong & I 100% agree McCulloch should be handed a lengthy ban for 2 elbows and 2 stamps inside 1 week ... But i doubt anything further will happen unfortunately !

I could be totally wrong here but was Talbot booked ? I always thought if the referee had dealt with the decision in the game (McCulloch got a yellow) then that was always the end of it as the referee had deemed his punishment ...

As i said I could be totally wrong & I 100% agree McCulloch should be handed a lengthy ban for 2 elbows and 2 stamps inside 1 week ... But i doubt anything further will happen unfortunately !

I think if the referee admits that he got a decision wrong that it can be reviewed. Not that they do that very often!

ADMO, on 09 Feb 2015 - 13:14, said:

Used to be the case. Not anymore.

I see from the BBC sport website that the SFA compliance officer is to investigate the Livingston player Talbot's "tackle" on the Hearts player with a view to retrospectively increasing the punishment. In the same week, Lee McCulloch guilty of two televised incidents where he stamped on a player but no investigation.

Should have been sent off twice yesterday. Really bad. No-one who watched the game on TV would have missed those incidents as they were repeated.

Don't know why he even did that, it wasn't a dirty game.

Ah I see lads, thanks for updating me on that, was never to sure how it was ... SFA change it bloody weekly !

In that case McCulloch should be handed a long ban, he got away with an elbow to Griffiths and a stamp on Gudetti last week and has done the exact same to Carrick yesterday and both seem to be going unnoticed by the SFA ...

Yet to see the Talbot challenge on video, but I have seen a picture, horrendous to have your foot that high, surely no one can complain if hes hit with a ban to !

I wasn't that sure on any of the McCulloch incidents last week, but that stamp is pretty clear when you see it back. Last week he actively avoided actually stamping someone. And the header that led to the elbow was strong, but I didn't think he had his arm anywhere where we haven't seen people put them before. Certainly if anyone else had done that, maybe apart from Jim Goodwin, people would have been calling for a yellow card at the most.

Yesterday's stamp was pretty clear though. He's evidently tried to bring both feet right down on Nade. We just need to hope someone at Raith has seen it and made it clear to the SFA that it happened.

The McCuolloch "stamp" was nothing, he landed on the player but without putting any force into it. (He was a bit lucky to avoid a second yellow in the second half though.)

Why wasn't Talbot's kick on the Dumbarton lad reviewed last season? It was a carbon copy of what happened last Saturday. The SFA have shat it again, higher profile game and this should add to Livingston's on and off field disciplinary matters. They make the rules up as they go along. An absolute rotten c**t of an organisation that we'd be better off without.

Archived