Celtic progressing & Rangers regressing.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for you Tedi, here's the definition of "progressing".

"Forward or onward movement, as toward a destination."

This means that *spoiler* they are not yet at their destination. (The destination in this case being a club free of bigotry, support of terrorism etc). However they are "progressing" toward that end IMHO.

If you'd like the meaning of regressing then I'm only happy to help too.

Fantastic post.

This is partly where my assertion was founded. Things like the poppy have been hijacked by far-right organisations and right-wing media outlets to no longer be all about fallen soldiers, but to be a symbol of "Britishness" and to further entrench the "with us our against us" mentality. Travelling to the Ibrox cup game, lots of supporters were wearing Rangers scarves with the poppy as part of the livery. What has that got to do with remembering fallen soldiers and helping those suffering with the ailments caused by war? Did the guy selling these outside the SPT station donate his profits to the Royal British Legion? I highly doubt it.

I wear a white poppy, not as an insult to fallen soldiers, but to challenge the idea that war is necessary. On the tube I was verbally abused for this and called a "Muslim lover", then later spat at as someone commented that they "thought all Killie fans were mini-**** and not f*****s". So my sincerest apologies to all Rangers fans who seemingly got upset by my assertion based on events this season.

You don't half talk a load of shite, obviosly when you suffered this horrific ordeal you reported it the police ?

What a fantastic argument. With reasoning like that I should probably just admit defeat, eh? Go on, be unlike Bennett and co. and actually debate the points you disagree with then. It would genuinely make my day.

Why did you not report the incident to one of the many transport police who are at most subway stations on the route to ibrox on match days if you were that horrified and as I said a rangers fans would not refer to ourselves as the h word.

This is partly where my assertion was founded. Things like the poppy have been hijacked by far-right organisations and right-wing media outlets to no longer be all about fallen soldiers, but to be a symbol of "Britishness" and to further entrench the "with us our against us" mentality. Travelling to the Ibrox cup game, lots of supporters were wearing Rangers scarves with the poppy as part of the livery. What has that got to do with remembering fallen soldiers and helping those suffering with the ailments caused by war? Did the guy selling these outside the SPT station donate his profits to the Royal British Legion? I highly doubt it.

I wear a white poppy, not as an insult to fallen soldiers, but to challenge the idea that war is necessary. On the tube I was verbally abused for this and called a "Muslim lover", then later spat at as someone commented that they "thought all Killie fans were mini-**** and not f*****s". So my sincerest apologies to all Rangers fans who seemingly got upset by my assertion based on events this season.

:lol:

Somehow I think you are over egging this pudding just a touch. You are just so desperate for a reaction you can feel victimized by.

To be fair there are some brain dead bigoted celtic fans that refer to themselves by the F word, it does not make it ok though nor does it change the fact that the majority of celtic fans find the F word offensive, while the majority of Rangers fans find the H word offensive which is exactly why it has been used a provocative term for years.

The thing is people try to compare the h word to that of t*m , it is nothing alike , celtic fans regularly embrace the tim term and have supporters groups named after it for example , as for the h word you will never find a rangers supporters clubs calling themselves that name , and I have never heard a rangers fan referring themselves as a h** in my puff.

I know a lot of decent minded Gers fans who are open minded and refuse to follow the herd, to some extent.

I think it's virtually impossible to regress and revert back to the dark days regardless of how much people may cling on to 'old values'. Football is changing, albeit slightly slower than the world around us. History and traditions are important, but not at the expense of progression.

I must say, and I've said this many times before, idiots/morons/bigots whatever you choose to call them are prevalent in every support the length and breadth of the UK, it's just the scale that differs.

We'll never be completely sanitised of misguided people, who's views are outdated, outlandish and severely out-of-touch. I think it's every decent fans job to refuse to accept this behaviour by the safest means possible.

People are free to do as they wish, I tend to choose my company wisely, extreme opinions and views isn't necessarily the best accepted topic at the football.

So after giving it the big come on prove me wrong stance , one simple fact seems to have sent QLP off flapping and probably releasing what an arse he has made of himself , can't wait to read his opinion on this in the next instalment of his horrific blog

And what was your one simple fact then? That no Rangers fan refers to themselves by the 'H-word'? A 'fact' that has already been debunked on this thread? FWIW I had a thing called work to do, hence the reply not being immediate.

Why did you not report the incident to one of the many transport police who are at most subway stations on the route to ibrox on match days if you were that horrified and as I said a rangers fans would not refer to ourselves as the h word.

Did I say I was horrified? It was more embarrassing than anything else that anyone could be quite so thick in this day and age. Being spat at was the only thing that even remotely annoyed me, even that it was more embarrassing than horrifying.

:lol:

Somehow I think you are over egging this pudding just a touch. You are just so desperate for a reaction you can feel victimized by.

Playing to the gallery for your wee pals? Bless.

As I said I have never heard a fellow rangers fan referring themselves as a h*n in my life , and to be fair I think I have more experience of rangers fans than you do , if someone walked into a rangers pub and labelled themselves a h*n and their fellow supporters , I think the other in the pub would put them firmly in their place.

One of my best mates is a season ticket holder at Ibrox and uses that word :lol: that's not even the issue here as you know, but you're using Easdale levels of deflection...

Sweep, sweep, sweep.

Archived