Celtic progressing & Rangers regressing.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IRA flute bands don't walk in Glasgow.

They were using it in the wrong context. What has a political march got to do with rangers?

Republican flute bands if you want to be picky about it ? They were not using it in the wrong context , they were using it in the exact context they intended too . Suppose that graffiti in Northern Ireland was used in the wrong context aswell .

Republican flute bands if you want to be picky about it ? They were not using it in the wrong context , they were using it in the exact context they intended too . Suppose that graffiti in Northern Ireland was used in the wrong context aswell .

You say that as if Republican and IRA go hand in hand, yes maybe all IRA are republicans but not all republicans will support IRA

You say that as if Republican and IRA go hand in hand, yes maybe all IRA are republicans but not all republicans will support IRA

Well if they want to differentiate between the IRA and the republican movement then maybe they shouldn't play IRA songs and attire themselves like those in the IRA did when parading . Also I am fully aware of the fact you point out considering I made it about 4 pages or so ago

Well if they want to differentiate between the IRA and the republican movement then maybe they shouldn't play IRA songs and attire themselves like those in the IRA did when parading . Also I am fully aware of the fact you point out considering I made it about 4 pages or so ago

What the post I quoted is from page 8 of 8?

I'm not been picky.

Aye,the wrong context. If I called any of my pals that support rangers a H** it wouldn't be sectarian.

If I called Franz Beckenbauer a H** would it be sectarian?

Wrong context ? That is the best defence you have ? I am guessing those in Northern Ireland who scribble about killing all h*ns on walls next to pro IRA slogans , scream it at passing loyalist marches , the Northern Irish police force or the British army soldiers had it in the wrong context aswell or is this all just one big coincidence that celtic a side with a huge support from the Northern Irish republican community also began using it as a label against a rangers a side with a huge amount of support from the loyalist side. I fail to believe you are as nieve or stupid as you are acting here .

My pals call me a h*n all the time aswell , but i know exactly what they mean when they call me it and I generally laugh it off . But they also don't try to sugar coat it or act as innocent about it as the celtic fans on here

What the post I quoted is from page 8 of 8?

I am not talking about that post , I am saying the point you made about the IRA not being representive of the whole republican movement is one I made about 4 pages ago . My point being that those on the republican side who try to distance themselves from the IRA do not go around dressed like them whilst playing songs in support if them

I have already told Ni politics have nothing to do with the way most fans use the word.

Of course people use it for as a derogatory term,but the word isn't sectarian.

I'll ask you again if I called Franz Beckenbauer a H** would it be sectarian?

Why do your pals call you one all the time?

Yes most fans outwith celtic supporters , a huge amount of celtic supporters use it in its other sense/ or are at least aware of it .also the celtic fans in the video are using it in the exact same context as those in Northern Ireland , yet here they are in castle milk, Scotland at something nothing to do with a football match , funny that eh?Also when a section like the green brigade use it do you genuinely think they just mean generic rangers fans ?

Because I am a rangers supporter from a Protestant background , religion isn't important to me but I am not going to lie and say that it didn't mean anything to my family before me .

Castlemilk has not got a space in it,you're from Glasgow you should know this.

You are obsessed with NI,the IRA and the Green Brigade, the reason the Green Brigade had it on the banner as they know it wasn't used in a sectarian way, do you realise how many member the GB have got?

You still haven't answered my question if I call Franz Beckenbauer a H** is it sectarian?

What are you talking about when you say castlemilk does not have a space in it ?

So the green brigade who openly admit to their support of The Irish republican cause and make no ifs or buts about also use the innocent version of the h*n word now aswell. Again as I previously said , I fail to believe you are this stupid or niave I am not obsessed with Northern Ireland , the IRA or the green brigade , I am simply pointing out some simple facts.

I will answer your utterly pointless question when you make a half arsed attempt at answering mine , where are the rangers fans the celtic fans must be chanting go home ya h*ns to in that video , of a republican parade ...in castle milk... Glasgow ... Scotland ...at an event completely unrelated to football.

Oxford Dictionary definition -

1. A member of a warlike Asiatic nomadic people who invaded and ravaged Europe in the 4th-5th centuries.

2. informal , derogatory A German (especially during the First and Second World Wars).

3. A rangers fan who cannot behave himself when visiting other cities.

What are you talking about when you say castlemilk does not have a space in it ?

So the green brigade who openly admit to their support of The Irish republican cause and make no ifs or buts about also use the innocent version of the h*n word now aswell. Again as I previously said , I fail to believe you are this stupid or niave I am not obsessed with Northern Ireland , the IRA or the green brigade , I am simply pointing out some simple facts.

I will answer your utterly pointless question when you make a half arsed attempt at answering mine , where are the rangers fans the celtic fans must be chanting go home ya h*ns to in that video , of a republican parade ...in castle milk... Glasgow ... Scotland ...at an event completely unrelated to football.

See bold areas

1. A member of a warlike Asiatic nomadic people who invaded and ravaged Europe in the 4th-5th centuries.

2. informal , derogatory A German (especially during the First and Second World Wars).

4. A handy faux offence deflection tool for Rangers fans because the keep getting the pish ripped right out of them.

;)

;)

4. A handy faux offence deflection tool for Rangers fans because the keep getting the pish ripped right out of them.

5. Those pesky Chelsea fans.

;)

H*n is a derogatory term for rangers fans, and has been extended to encompass the so-called "PUL" (Protestant Unionist Loyalist) community in Scotland and Northern Ireland. It has also been used perjoratively to describe fans of Scottish football clubs that have traditionally (rightly or wrongly) been seen to have loyalist-leanings, such as Hearts, Kilmarnock and Motherwell. In many cases, it could be argued that the use of the term against supporters of these teams is intended not so much as a sectarian slur, but rather as a jibe that rangers are in fact their "big team", hence the term "mini-h*n".

It cannot be said that the term purely means "Protestant", as the term is never used to describe, say, fans of Aberdeen, even though the overwhelming majority of Aberdeen fans would be, nominally at least, Protestant. That is because Aberdeen fans are not associated with loyalism. That is not to say, however, that there aren't people who use the term to describe all Protestants, although thankfully I've rarely if ever heard the term used in that all-encompassing context.

The example of republicans in Glasgow using the term to describe police can, I think, be ascribed to the notion that the police are seen (again, rightly or wrongly) as agents of the crown acting in the interests of unionism/loyalism, with the implied assumption that most are rangers fans (which is obviously ridiculous as there would certainly be large numbers of the police force who are Catholic, celtic fans, yes voters etc.).

I've already said they were using it in the wrong context,do you understand that?

It's not an against the law to support the Irish republican cause.

It is a political march,I'm not interested in that,I'm interested in the use of the word in a football sense, if you can't separate the 2 that's your problem.

Now will you answer my question?

It is the wrong context in your opinion , they used it however in the exact context they wanted to . Where did I even suggest it was illegal to support the Irish republican cause ? You are making an utter tit of yourself here .

It is a republican march filled with people in celtic shirts using the same slur you are sitting here and telling me that when all at parkhead use it is exclusively a dig at rangers fans . Yet in this video , there is not a rangers fan to be seen

Archived