Converting To Islam

For a while now I've been seriously contemplating converting to Islam. I'm "native" and just was wondering if any other "natives" here have converted to Islam themselves or have family or friends who have. If so, how did it work out for them? Were you accepted easily by the Islamic community here in Scotland? I'm well aware the concept of races doesn't really exist in Islam, however theory and practice are two very different things with any ideology.

I have some Muslim friends (who contrary to some Islamophobic fears have never tried to pressure me into converting or even discuss their religion regularly with me), the religion just fascinates me and I'd like to become a part of it all.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be Sunni, if that's what you mean.

I see an edit there...to me that means your a wee bit undecided.

If praying would interfere with watching football then i would advise you to not do it...you will regret it.

If praying would interfere with watching football then i would advise you to not do it...you will regret it.

I literally added a space between the quote and my comment, that was the edit.

ETA - If you are seriously considering it, perhaps first consider whether all religions are made-up drivel.

Didn't see your edit before I replied, my comment on how exactly it's considered "edgy" to convert to Islam still stands though.

Not going to address the "made-up drivel" remark. Remarkable you would accuse me of edginess with a pubescent comment like that. I am indeed being serious though, which is why I started the thread.

Try Sikhism...you get to ride a motorbike with no helmet.

Yeah, no.

I'm going to stop responding to joke remarks and borderline attempts at provoking offense. I don't really know what's so laughable or unbelievable about someone wanting to convert to Islam.

Perhaps if you all spent some time researching just how massive and deep a thing Islam is you wouldn't be so dumbfounded.

Yeah, no.

I'm going to stop responding to joke remarks and borderline attempts at provoking offense. I don't really know what's so laughable or unbelievable about someone wanting to convert to Islam.

Perhaps if you all spent some time researching just how massive and deep a thing Islam is you wouldn't be so dumbfounded.

So stop responding then, you are just encouraging me and i'm in a mood....actually i'm thinking of becoming a Shi'ite at this very moment and they seem to have a little bit of a problem with Sunni's

Are YOU for real??

At no point did I say converting to Islam was 'edgy'. I implied that you were trying too hard to be 'edgy'.

It's hardly breaking news that Islam ruffles a lot of feathers, especially in Britain given the horrific atrocities a minority of Islamic fruitcakes have inflicted on our country in recent times. So given the bullshit tones emanating from your initial post, it sounds like you know fine well a post about converting to Islam might cause a bit of a commotion. So before that happens we'll nip it in the bud now, and I put it to you sir - that you are actually just a blethering cock.

Right, so Islamophobia is completely justified then. Anyone wanting to have a legitimate conversation about Islam and converting to it must be trying to provoke people because the mere mention of Islam itself is insensitive to the Islamophobic inhabitants of this country.

What exactly was wrong with my initial post, or any that has followed it?

For a while now I've been seriously contemplating converting to Islam. I'm "native" and just was wondering if any other "natives" here have converted to Islam themselves or have family or friends who have. If so, how did it work out for them? Were you accepted easily by the Islamic community here in Scotland? I'm well aware the concept of races doesn't really exist in Islam, however theory and practice are two very different things with any ideology.

I have some Muslim friends (who contrary to some Islamophobic fears have never tried to pressure me into converting or even discuss their religion regularly with me), the religion just fascinates me and I'd like to become a part of it all.

Reported to MI5

You're probably not being serious but being a Muslim did not seem to interfere at all with following football for my football fanatic friends. In fact they are far more committed football fans than I am.

I'll cover this response quickly and efficiently:

No it's not. No, not anyone wanting to converse about Islam is trying to provoke. You however, clearly are. Your initial post and what's followed sounds like bullshit.

How? Give me examples of this.

I'm glad I misunderstood you, but I don't see what's wrong with anything I've said.

Archived