Scottish Cup Runners-Up/Losers 2014 v Scottish Cup Winners 2014

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear oh dear, that was pathetic. Gutless and aimless football from us today. Something that summed our performance up was the fact that McNamara and all the coaches just sat in their comfy seats the whole game and didn't look in the least bit interested in trying to get the players motivated. Woeful from start to finish.

Jackie is a fcuking idiot.

He must think he is some sort of genius making different team selections each week. This time he decided on the defensive trio of Pates, Ranks and Butcher. Well that worked a treat.

Worst performance I've seen at Tannadice, in a long long time.

Absolute garbage. Why did Paton and Rankin both start. Why was Butcher taken off ahead of Paton. Why was Spittal brought on ahead of Connolly or Erskine. What formation were we meant to be playing in that first half. Seething.

It was a 442 diamond. Clever Jackie, followed by a 532 after he made the subbies.

Must be so frustrating for world class Dundee United. Continually getting pumped from shite like St Johnstone. Ooft.

Worst thing for them today is we played more, and better, "football" than them

Is McNamara a bit thick then?

Add that to the games we've not won in and Rankin has started.

McNamara doesn't seem to know either what it our best team is or how to actually setup a team to win a tough game with the right kind of system. Very rarely have I ever thought during games "that's a good change by McNamara" or "The system we've changed to is really working". Far too often we are outfought and outthought by other teams.

Worst thing for them today is we played more, and better, "football" than them

St.Johnstone just had a good system and knew how to play it. You outplayed us for pretty much the entire game and actually seemed to know what you were doing.

Jackie is a fcuking idiot.

He must think he is some sort of genius making different team selections each week. This time he decided on the defensive trio of Pates, Ranks and Butcher. Well that worked a treat.

Worst performance I've seen at Tannadice, in a long long time.

This is the bit that annoys me, I think he does see himself as this forward thinking uber coach, and because the media like him so much he gets heaps of praise when we win games but very little criticism (from the media) when we lose. People who don't watch us very often seem to think that we are some sort of free flowing attacking side that play glorious football when the reality is we actually are pretty average for large chunks of games and we also go totally missing every few weeks like we did today. Defensively too we are nothing short of embarrassing (which is even more frustrating when you think that individually the defenders we do have are actually pretty decent)

Archived