Scottish Cup Runners-Up/Losers 2014 v Scottish Cup Winners 2014

Highlight was probably Anderson going down like he'd been shot (with a squeal to match) when nobody touched him.

He fell winning the ball, before getting stamped on. He got Dow back by returning the favour later.

Shame nobody returned the favour on McGowan for going in shin high on Lappin

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rash challenge yellow carded followed by booting the ball away? Very easy to picture from Oor Pates.

Well, Collum already and the card out, before Paton booted the ball away. I don't think I've ever seen a ref give two yellow cards at the same time to one player, but he could have done.

He fell winning the ball, before getting stamped on. He got Dow back by returning the favour later.

Shame nobody returned the favour on McGowan for going in shin high on Lappin

Aye, I've got no idea what McGowan was thinking there.

Then again, I could say the same for most of our players the whole match. :(

The first goal looks bad, like really bad, on the highlights. Can't understand how its went in.

Second goal just looks sexy as f**k.

Today has provided me with the welcome knowledge that, after almost a year, we have successfully maintained our comfortable superiority over Dundee United. Funnily enough, we also won 2-0 in an important match between these two teams in 2014. To be more precise, I am talking about last year's Scottish Cup Final. Steven Anderson and Steven MacLean scored the goals on that occasion.

Today's match was different for a number of reasons. Neither Steven found the back of the net. Before any match against Dundee United, Tommy Wright picks a random name out of a hat. Today, 'Michael O'Halloran' was chosen and therefore given permission to score as many goals as he wanted. It's a good managerial approach which ensures that a fair amount of our players will get to score a few guaranteed goals over the course of a season. Michael decided to stop scoring after his 2 goals, which seemed fair enough to me, as the other main difference during today's match was that United were even worse than usual. Even their attempts at cheating and diving were uncharacteristically half-hearted.

In truth, our players attempted on a couple of occasions to make this match a bit more of a contest by allowing United to have easy possession of the ball. At one point, our entire team decided to bring out 11 deckchairs to have a little lie-down while gazing at the clouds. They continued this for about 5 minutes, but soon realised that it was pointless as Nadir Ciftci kept tripping over the chair legs and claiming for free-kicks.

We could have scored 7 or 8 goals, but the opposition's efforts were so pathetic that we sensed absolutely no danger and simply couldn't be bothered to increase our lead. Tommy decided to replace Chris Kane with Gary Miller, which would usually be regarded as quite an unambitious decision. He then decided against using his 3rd substitution because, in his own words, there was ''no point whatsoever''.

Shit. I gave you a red rather than a greenie TRS. Apologies. I'm glad to see you're alive though - the United fans really seem to hate you.

Don't worry, man. I forgive you (as long as you create an alias and specifically use that alias to give my post a greenie). Och, I know. I went with my dad today and he parked very close to the stadium to allow for a speedy escape.

I genuinely can't believe ArabFC took enough offence at TRS' post to red dot it.

Another United supporter to add to the ever-growing list of seething messes.

St Johnstone are a well organised, workman like team. Nothing flash but they play for each other, and execute the basics well. Very good at closing players down and they defend as a team. They have all but one of their outfield players back defending every time. None of this is new, and we have failed to work out how to break their system down.

So why dick around with the formation and try out untested tactics against them? Can only think he is saving the "first team" for Tuesday. Assuming he is settled on what our first team looks like. Not really impressed with Anier today, but the boy looked so isolated up front, especially in the first half.

To conclude we were gash.

Off the scale on the gash-o-meter.

You have to wonder what we actually do in training through the week, as the team regularly look as if they've never met each other and have absolutely no game plan. It doesn't help that the line-up changes every week, and starting with 3 defensive midfielders in this fixture was nuts.

Another completely deserved win for Saints. Looks like a repeat of last season for us - a meh league finish with a cup final appearance to somewhat gloss over the disappointment.

McNamara claiming "Rado" has actually been injured for the past few weeks and thats why he dropped him, so expect him to start the next game.

"We always feel we've got an opportunity to get points against Dundee United.

"We brought Frazer back and we always feel he does well against Ciftci.

Tommy Wright :wub:

Also apparently this is tonights match on Alba.

Archived