SPFL goal of the month

The year is 2025.

Tackles have been banned, stadia are required to have all seating with seatbelts, there's a minute silence at the start and end of each half, and goals of the month and year come from a selection of half time comedy/charity goals. But things have never been better with Scottish football, the bevvies are freely available!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be curious to see if there was as much resentment if the kid was a Hamilton fan. I hate Celtic as much as the next guy, but there does seem to be an element of it here.

I can't say I'm bothered either way as I hardly gave a toss for any of the previous goal of the month goals. It's a nice touch what they've done and fair play. Fin.

I think people are reading too much into this, it was a nice gesture for the lad by Accies/Celtic/SPFL and he had a great day and will have great memories of it and it doesn't do our game any harm to have some good PR on the news from it.

Yes if you start picking faults you will find them, why does this lad get it ahead of other kids disabled or not, is it positive discrimination?, is it patronising? Are Celtic/Accies/SPFL wrong for getting PR?

Just see it for what it was a one off day for a young lad with DS that people involved have tried to make special for him.

Some of the comments here have been outright disgraceful.

Obviously the right goal won in the end, and the bitterness of the people saying otherwise simply can't be masked here. Grow the f**k up.

Highlight a disgraceful comment please.

Thanks

Highlight a disgraceful comment please.

Thanks

Quite agree with you, can't believe they gave the speccy wee c**t the time of day far less give him the goal of the month award. What were they thinking?

A disgraceful comment from someone pro this decision.

Well this isn't working out well. You will not find any "disgraceful" comments from people questioning the decision. Just well articulated opinions. Something sorely lacking from those who say it's a good decision.

A disgraceful comment from someone pro this decision.

Well this isn't working out well. You will not find any "disgraceful" comments from people questioning the decision. Just well articulated opinions. Something sorely lacking from those who say it's a good decision.

This entire thread has been a bit of a joke. Even now while your team is playing you're on here moaning about it.

If it wasn't a Celtic fan, I highly doubt this would have generated so much attention and seethe.

It is pretty disgraceful that you're suggesting that Celtic are somehow using the boy for a PR campaign.

Celtic fans? Paranoid?

:rolleyes:

Clearly, Besides it's not as if Deefiant hasn't had seethe induced breakdown before regarding Celtic.

Short opinion - bit of a joke and de-values the competition. Would a fan of a provincial team in the same position get this coverage?

This is a poor comment. Tbf it seems it's only Dundee and Thistle fans that have a problem with this. Obviously all those years winning hee-haw have turned them into into bitter killjoys.

Of course it's tokenistic - let's give ourselves a pat on the back for giving a disabled kid a prize then blythly ignore the disabled the rest of the year.

I have exactly the same attitude to platitudes given by the likes of the Variety Club of Great Britain or the Daily Mirror's annual cringefest that is their Pride of Britain Awards.

Archived