Airdrie v Stirling

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to doubt McLaren is the right man.

Seems to be a fair few moving towards this camp. Think the majority of supporters were fully behind him clearing the team out over the summer and then starting from a clean slate next season however less and less now seem to be wanting to give him the chance.

Going to be interesting, however there is no doubt that McLaren now has a battle, not only to turn around the club's fortunes (let's be honest, that's not happening this season) and winning over an increasingly growing number of supporters.

Was hard to tell from where I was sitting (5 rows back the far side of the away dugout), but for Listers 1st goal, it looked like the keeper had it covered then either the wind caught it, he took his eye off it with the Airdrie player charging in on him or a combination of both, anyone who had a good view care to enlighten me?

As for the rest of the game, Lister seems to be drifting wide more and putting crosses in recently with Prunty as poacher, his 1st today came from there and both goals from open play against Forfar 2 weeks ago came from him, long may it continue to bear fruit. Lindsay for me is streets ahead of "Bombscare Ben", cheers Thistle.

Seems to have gone without comment, but the turnaround in our game came after Watt replace Docherty on 49mins or maybe it was just the rocket Gary gave them at half time?

Can't forget the Ref, how he missed Fraser being cleaned out in the 1st half for a stonewall penalty is beyond me, didn't see the handball incident, but heard it was another good claim, his other howler was not booking the Stirling player in the 1st half for a blatant swan dive, he claims and it's not given then it's a booking anything else is bottleing it. The stand side linesman as well had 2 players going for each other 5 yards from him while the Ref was dealing with something elsewhere and stood rooted to the spot whilst an Airdrie player tried to keep them apart, he should have been straight on the park.

I think Gilly charging in must have distracted the Stirling goalkeeper. I initially thought it was Gilly that put it in, but everyone's given it to Lister, and it was him that the players were running to congratulate. That puts their keeper at fault for three goals - not covering Lister's shot, giving away the penalty and then spilling the fourth to Prunty.

And yes, RD - Watt really sparked it up a bit in the second half. Since Bollan tends to leave his substitutions to pretty near the end, it's not often a sub will get a substantial amount of time to make a case for inclusion in the first eleven, and Watt will have done his chances no harm at all yesterday.

He's doing well. Looks much more comfortable on the ball than Big Ben ever did, and has settled into the side quickly. He and big Luca are a very good partnership at the centre of defence. No major problems that I've seen as yet.

Archived