Airdrie v Stirling

Looking to continue our good run and our quiet climb up the table. Comparitive to this time last year, we have 12 points more, a similar look to the team, and missed out the play offs by 4 points. Hopes are still slim, but have to hope we can maintain the run of form. I'll go for 3-0, Fraser double and Jim Lister.

All Stirling fans/families/kids are welcome to attend the Trust pre match activities at the stadium (in and out of the bar). See the poster for details. Also a new dvd out for Diamonds.

10987628_10153089948414933_8744594326489

11001846_10152822135343458_7652015393647

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great picture of Prunty and Lister with the kids.

As for this week's game - well, you'd have to say we're the favourites for it. Stirling are just out of their depth in this league. There's little point second-guessing and calculating other teams' scores, especially those with games in hand, we just have to win our games. I still think the playoffs are a long shot, but you never know...

That's a great picture of Prunty and Lister with the kids.

Great stuff!!

As for the game Stirling are already relegation certainties. The further adrift at the bottom they become the less they will fight to grind out results as players will be thinking about injuries for next season - not fighting a lost cause. In saying that though their squad is honking and they are probably mid-table league two standard (if that) as even Hurlford showed them up.

I think our strong defence will shut them out fairly easily as they offer little going forward with Lewis Coult playing the lone striker role and with both Prunty and Lister in good form its important we score first to put their heads down. We shouldn't take this game lightly as Stirling play Airdrie (a) and Morton (a) in their next two games and their players may be throwing a final throw of the dice at it in these games to try to make the playoffs. Hopefully Bollan gets them fired up for it and they come out roaring and give us another win. We went on a good run this time last season and this is a good chance for us to take three points here.

Can`t really see as getting anything from this game tbh, 8 points behind Stenny with 11 games to go. Just hope we put in a decent performance and our defence which looked a lot more steadier last week against Brechin keeps up the effort.

Prediction Airdrieonians 2 Albion 1 :thumbsdown

Looking to continue our good run and our quiet climb up the table. Comparitive to this time last year, we have 12 points more, a similar look to the team, and missed out the play offs by 4 points. Hopes are still slim, but have to hope we can maintain the run of form. I'll go for 3-0, Fraser double and Jim Lister.

All Stirling fans/families/kids are welcome to attend the Trust pre match activities at the stadium (in and out of the bar). See the poster for details. Also a new dvd out for Diamonds.

10987628_10153089948414933_8744594326489

11001846_10152822135343458_7652015393647

no kids training before the game? my kid will be devastated. Why not?

goodwin, on 24 Feb 2015 - 19:43, said:

Earlier in the season in one of Fraser's earlier games we struggled at Stirling. Do not expect a repeat on Saturday

I actually think yous will struggle, not many teams have gave us a doing, it all can't be down to bad luck but we havn't had much rub of the green.

I have not saw many teams that are a lot better than us, even Brechin on Saturday, we should have been at least 2 up before half time. but a result will come sooner rather than later. as long as the heads don't go down.

I actually think yous will struggle, not many teams have gave us a doing, it all can't be down to bad luck but we havn't had much rub of the green.

I have not saw many teams that are a lot better than us, even Brechin on Saturday, we should have been at least 2 up before half time. but a result will come sooner rather than later. as long as the heads don't go down.

The fact that you have 13 (thirteen) points after 25 games suggest that there are many, many teams that are a lot better than you. You're team has shipped 30 (thirty) more goals than they have scored so I think you're kidding yourself here mate.

Feeling fairly confident about Saturday, however this is Airdrie so anything is possible.

Prediction: 3-1 Airdrie. Prunty, Fitzpatrick and Morton the scorers for Airdrie with Kevin McKinlay (lol) scoring the consolation for Albion.

The fact that you have 13 (thirteen) points after 25 games suggest that there are many, many teams that are a lot better than you. You're team has shipped 30 (thirty) more goals than they have scored so I think you're kidding yourself here mate.

Feeling fairly confident about Saturday, however this is Airdrie so anything is possible.

Prediction: 3-1 Airdrie. Prunty, Fitzpatrick and Morton the scorers for Airdrie with Kevin McKinlay (lol) scoring the consolation for Albion.

it's our defence chris smith,ross forsyth and kevin mckinlay canny play a full half wedderburn is only good at scoring and mghechie and hamilton can't even kick a baw i should be our new right back tbh

Ayr gave you a doing 4-1 at home only ten days ago. Even if Stirling somehow make the playoffs they will be quickly papped out at first ask without question. As I said, Stirling have a mid-table league two squad (if that) and struggled to get past Hurlfurd over two legs. 13 points at this stage of the season is a pathetic return. I still don't expect it to be a stroll in the park or it to be an easy game by any means - but how you can claim you haven't seen many teams better than you is beyond me.

We have to be firm favourites here given the gulf in both teams form.

If we win this we could go level with Dunfy, assuming they lose again. Stirling though, must feel they'll get a result at some point...

I'm going for a narrow 2-1 to the Airdrie.

We did struggle at their place earlier on in the season, but at Fortress New Broomfield, if we can call it that yet, we should do enough to secure three more points. Lister and Prunty have got a very-close-to-telepathic partnership at the minute which doesn't compare to Parker/Lister last season, I cast my mind back to Parker blazing three chances in a 1-1 draw with Brechin at Glebe last season when passes to Lister were available. I'm glad I've been proven wrong in my thoughts that Lister and Prunty were too similar.

Anyway 2-0 to Airdrie with Lister teeing up Prunty for one and Ross Docherty to score a screamer from 44 yards

Not bothering going to this game. Players have chucked it for the season so there is fucking no chance I am spending £16 to go to a freezing, atmosphere-less ground to watch us find a new way of getting beat narrowly.

Airdrie should take a long hard look at themselves for charging £16 in a really shite league. If Stranraer are the best team in this league then it really is pish.

Please see the last match thread in which we were at home. This matter was covered extensively.

Please see the last match thread in which we were at home. This matter was covered extensively.

yous only done that since the game was on the tele

Archived