Airdrie v Stirling

Paid £16 to get in, paid £2 for the car park, paid £1.70 for wishy washy Bovril. Decent steak mince pie.

Then the game started. A goal up probably against the run of play but in front with Airdrie resorting to punts up the park then it all goes sour. 3 defensive mistakes gift Airdrie 3 goals. It could have ended 6-1.

Paterson dint'd have to give away a penalty, the forward was running away from goal. Well taken penalty and the heads went down.

Not blaming the keeper for the final score, it's not his fault the Albion midfield gave the ball away so often.

Where to from hear. No doubt the manager has to be positive and not give up until it's mathematically certain but there is no confidence in the side, the heads wend down and well beaten in the end

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were poor in the first half, and will certainly need to start better than that if we're to get anything from Brechin next week. It was the same story last week against Stenny - barely kicked a ball until we scored.

Having said that, I'm not going to complain much about a 4 - 1 win that's put us up two places in the league. We could have had more, especially had the stonewall penalty for the foul on Scott Fraser been given (I didn't get a decent view if the shout for handball later on).

Stirling looked well organised, especially in the first half, but really offered nothing in the second (did McNeill have a save to make in the second half?), and collapsed so quickly after we scored. Of course a one goal lead is vulnerable, but they looked beaten after we went 2 - 1 up.

Re: our prices and wage - of course we pay our players, but we're not running a squad we can't afford. Look at the players we lost in the summer: Buchanan, Adam, Milojevic, Barr - Caolan McAleer to East Fife, for goodness' sake.

Stirling looked well out of their depth. Went one up and immediately started time wasting - everyone knows that comes back to bite you in the arse.

We had dozens of chances to win this in the first half, disappointing it was by so little in the end.

Still, we're now above the team with the biggest budget in the league, to be fair, only the diddy's aren't.

Special mention to Lewis Coult who is an absolute walloper. What was that on his head?

Had to left ten before the end but as soon as the first goal went in we knew we would win it. Stirling are absolutely dire.

Could also tell the referee going to lose control of the game as soon as he booked Gilfillan after 5 minutes. His only good decision was to book the goalkeeper for the penalty incident despite the incandescent protests.

I also need to stop doubting Prunty and Lister as a partnership, everything tells me it shouldn't work but proven again today that they just do. Quality stuff.

I also need to stop doubting Prunty and Lister as a partnership, everything tells me it shouldn't work but proven again today that they just do. Quality stuff.

You really do. Since the 3-0 win over Ayr at the end of December, we have only played two games ( the 1-3 loss to Peterheid and the 1-1 draw with Brechin) in which neither Lister nor Prunty has scored.

Special mention to Lewis Coult who is an absolute walloper. What was that on his head?

Had to left ten before the end but as soon as the first goal went in we knew we would win it. Stirling are absolutely dire.

Could also tell the referee going to lose control of the game as soon as he booked Gilfillan after 5 minutes. His only good decision was to book the goalkeeper for the penalty incident despite the incandescent protests.

Why is that? They are already proven as a partnership and it's classic target man and poacher stuff.

Best strike partnership we have had in a long time IMO.

I've nothing against the big guy, but I'm amazed that he still gets a contract at professional level. I would say he's terrible, but he's never actually involved enough to be terrible.

Stirling were much poorer than I thought they'd be, which probably sounds stupid given how few points they have. Even still, it took us a while to get back into it but once we did they just collapsed. It's a lot easier to see now how they've had so many late collapses.

We do need to make sure we are more secure at corners though, last week I thought we were fortunate not to concede from one, and today's goal was poor. Again though in open play the defence cruised it. With all relegation fears put to the side we can hopefully go into a tough run of games with a really positive attitude. Forfar will drop a lot of points in the coming weeks so we can catch them, but we need to make sure we are going for the win in these away games and not taking the draws like we seemed happy to earlier in the season. Given the points gap draws are pretty worthless now.

Any stirling fans able to tell me how Adam Cummins got on yesterday? He was on loan at Ayr utd earlier this season and was apparently one of the worst players they've ever seen.

The real question is, did any Stirling fans actually go?

I thought Cummins was one of the few Stirling players who actually looked like a footballer yesterday. Big, physical and imposing - hard to tell how good he actually is from a poor team performance, but looks to have potential.

I thought Cummins was one of the few Stirling players who actually looked like a footballer yesterday. Big, physical and imposing - hard to tell how good he actually is from a poor team performance, but looks to have potential.

I honestly thought they were all awful, particularly their 'keeper who was absolutely horrific.

We've played better this season and not got three points. We'll have to be better than that to beat Brechin next week.

We've a tough run of fixtures coming up, from which we need maximum points to have any chance of making the play off's.

The cap between 4th and 5th though, is massive.

Any stirling fans able to tell me how Adam Cummins got on yesterday? He was on loan at Ayr utd earlier this season and was apparently one of the worst players they've ever seen.

Standard response from Ayr fans on anyone who decides to move on.

This. Not helped by the absence of the regular other CH Chris Smith.

We were shocking yesterday. Airdrie fans should not be under any illusions, we could not have played worse. Not taking anything away from the win, it was well deserved.

cummings was ok

beith can get back to hearts the wee scumbag terrible footballer

mckinlay was just as bad and relied on forsyth to make him not like a complete bellend

paterson was also really shit in the second half and i hope he gets released at the end of the season

no doubt every one is going to defend him because he scored but ross mghechie was at amateur standards yesterday and was at fault for 2 of the airdrie goals

take back what i said about shepherd he can go back to falkirk

on the positive side i thought forsyth put in a brilliant peformance yesterday

McKinlay is a complete liability. Worst performance I've ever seen from Comrie. I knew we'd lose the game as soon as Airdrie scored the pen. Surprised at how bad we were after that though.

Any chance we had is now gone. Starting to doubt McLaren is the right man.

Archived