Peterhead Vs Morton

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sometimes hard to watch the game when there are auditions for the Jeremy Kyle Show going on round about you

Strange then that everyone's attention was so firmly on the game against East Stirling a year ago to the extent that not one Peterhead fan reported the despicable racial abuse of a child.

It would be nice to see fans coming to the game and supporting their team, surely that's not too much to ask for!

I thought the use of capital letters and gammy spelling would suggest that it was indeed a joke ;)

I'm sure there'll be an increased police presence, given the scenes last time out.

No need to worry, petal.

A question for the Peterhead fans:

Do you think there will ever be a train station at Peterhead again like The Borders railway line has been revived? I see the station was closed in 1965 (Beeching?) and they then lifted the track. Did that line go to Aberdeen?

At 32 miles from Aberdeen, Peterhead has the longest distance to a train station than any other professional team in Britain.

The oil industry, being a busy fishing port on the coast and it being "Aberdeenshire's biggest settlement" perhaps make Peterhead a candidate for the line being laid again?

Why has no railway line ever been built between Aberdeen and Peterhead?

At 32 miles from Aberdeen, Peterhead has the longest distance to a train station than any other professional team in Britain.

The oil industry, being on the coast and it being "Aberdeenshire's biggest settlement " seems a bit strange no line was ever built. Is it the terrain or something like that?

There was a railway line from Aberdeen to Peterhead but some dickhead decided to axe it just as the oil & gas boom began to take off. It is now a footpath but there appears to be no chance of ever replacing the railway line.

Do you think there will ever be a train station at Peterhead again like The Borders railway line has been revived? I see the station was closed in 1965 (Beechin?) and they then lifted the track. Did that line go to Aberdeen?

The oil industry, being a busy fishing port on the coast and it being "Aberdeenshire's biggest settlement" perhaps make Peterhead a candidate for the line being laid again?

Closed as a result of the Beeching report. I believe a feasability study was done recently, looking at the possibility of re-opening the line. Not sure of the outcome.

Closed as a result of the Beeching report. I believe a feasability study was done recently, looking at the possibility of re-opening the line. Not sure of the outcome.

I don't think the have come back with a decision yet. I think it would be a good move but don't see how it would be feasible. It's different down in the borders as the line they are putting back in follows the old line which was never tarmacked.

Do you think there will ever be a train station at Peterhead again like The Borders railway line has been revived? I see the station was closed in 1965 (Beeching?) and they then lifted the track. Did that line go to Aberdeen?

There was a railway line from Aberdeen to Peterhead but some dickhead decided to axe it just as the oil & gas boom began to take off. It is now a footpath but there appears to be no chance of ever replacing the railway line.

I don't think the have come back with a decision yet. I think it would be a good move but don't see how it would be feasible. It's different down in the borders as the line they are putting back in follows the old line which was never tarmacked.

They find Flyerton interesting, says a lot about Peterhead.

Archived