The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump might win the nomination but he wont win the white house

He basically has no answers to any decent question and just dodges them

This is what surprises me somewhat. I have to admit I haven't followed this in great detail but any time I see or hear something from Trump it's just a soundbite. He never has any depth to his answers on what he wants to do apart from "We'll make it great!" and "It'll be the best you've ever seen!" I guess people are just buying into his rhetoric.

That's the sort of thing that people kept saying about Ronald Reagan when he ran against Jimmy Carter. If there's one thing the American electorate clearly want at the moment it is change from the normal corrupt way of doing things. If Trump runs against Hilary Clinton, there is only one candidate that will be able to credibly offer that. Barring a monumental gaffe or a financial or sexual scandal, he looks the most likely winner at the moment.

He really doesnt,he came on tv last night,the whole bar booed

At some point instead of soundbites he has to give answers,even staunch republicans are saying they wont for him if wins the nomination

The debates for the Republican nomination and the debates against the Democratic candidate will be significantly different.

The Democratic nominee will be able to expose Trump's complete ignorance on a host of subjects. His performances will be Palinesque.

He really doesnt,he came on tv last night,the whole bar booed

At some point instead of soundbites he has to give answers,even staunch republicans are saying they wont for him if wins the nomination

The results so far suggest otherwise.

But there's a valid point being made about "alternative" messages. A Trump vs Clinton election... jesus, bring back Richard Nixon! Because then you'd have a history of Bush - Clinton - Bush - Obama - Clinton.

If Obama taught us anything, it is that no matter how "grass roots" the campaign proclaims itself, once in the White House, the president is at the mercy of the financial system.

The debates for the Republican nomination and the debates against the Democratic candidate will be significantly different.

The Democratic nominee will be able to expose Trump's complete ignorance on a host of subjects. His performances will be Palinesque.

Michael? Because I'd probably vote for that.

Frightening, he's not a total idiot and he has some blue collar credibility unlike Trump.

First I heard of him was when Bruce Springsteen said he didn't want him as a fan or something like that. If the Boss doesn't like someone then that's good enough for me!

According to statistician Helmut Norpoth, Donald Trump has a 97% chance of being president as things stand. The model he's using has only ever wrongly predicted one election in the last 104 years, which was the 1960 election. However, I think with the advent of TV debates you can forgive the independent analysts for getting that one wrong. For any betting people out there. Wager big on Trump being the next president now.

Archived