Alien 5

Jack Burton

New sequel has been confirmed and will be directed by same guy who done District 9 and Elysium.

It will be based directly after Aliens meaning it will disregard Alien 3 and Resurrection.

I love the first two Alien and Predator films so always get my hopes up when a new film or game is announced. But the track record is awful only the recent Alien Isolation game was decent.

http://screenrant.com/neil-blomkamp-alien-5-continuity-elysium-problems/

Not the biggest fan of Neill Blomkamp's films to this point, but he seems like a genuine fan of the franchise and started making the concept art as a side hobby before he actually got the go ahead for the movie. Here's a link to his instagram where he posted his concept art https://instagram.com/neillblomkamp/

Although Alien 3 wasn't that bad imo (I've only seen the extended cut), it makes sense to set it after Aliens and disregard 3 and 4, which Blomkamp is planning on doing. Sigourney Weaver is game and Michael Biehn will jump at the chance, and they could cast someone else to play a fully grown Newt (if they put her in it) as Carrie Henn is a teacher now.

Quite excited about it to be honest, and I'm glad Ridley Scott isn't involved, as his films have deteriorated over the past decade. Prometheus was okay, but was more style over substance and I felt really disappointed.

Not a fan of Neil Blomkamp. District 9, Elysium and Chappie are different stories told the exact same way. I dont think he can get any south african looking slums in a film about aliens in space so he wont know what to do. Exaggerating obviously but its a point!

It'll be a shite fan service for all those who felt robbed of plucky space marines and alien battling mechas after the second movie.

I actually really liked Alien 3, I thought it was a good way to finish the trilogy. OK, so editing wise it was a bloody mess, but Fincher gave it a really dark bite and it had a fantastic cinematography. Getting rid of Hicks and Newt early doors was absolutely the right thing to do from a story point of view - given where they wanted to take the story, and having Ripley impregnated and then giving up her life eeked the last horror out of the concept, and gave it a downbeat but ultimately heroic ending. It doesn't deserve to be written out of continuity (Alien 5 will be the second time they've tried this on the back of Aliens: Colonial Marines).

The director's cut of Alien 3 is pretty decent and a vast improvement over theatrical release. Killing Hicks and Newt set the bleak tone right from the off. Although I can remember bring pretty pissed they done it on the first few viewings.

Think they'll have Sigourney Weaver as Ripley? Getting on a bit now.

Yeah, she was on about it on the Jonathan Ross show at the weekend. I adore Alien and Predator films so im really looking forward to this. The artwork from Blomkamp is shit hot for the film

pish, she looked fucking tremendous on jonathan ross the other night

Well pardon me for not seeing it but the fact remains that she's 65. I for one think her casting will be a no brainer but its still a relevant question to ask if a 65 year old wants to be rolling about with giant animatronic aliens.

Well pardon me for not seeing it but the fact remains that she's 65. I for one think her casting will be a no brainer but its still a relevant question to ask if a 65 year old wants to be rolling about with giant animatronic aliens.

Could've asked Harrison Ford the exact same question with Indy 4. He was pretty good in it (although the film wasn't great).

As they've said above, she looks fantastic for 65, like unbelievably good. Remember she also has active roles coming up in the Avatar sequels, so she will remain fit, healthy and ready for a few years yet.

pish, she looked fucking tremendous on jonathan ross the other night

She could have me if she played her cards right.

Not sure about Alien 5. Everything after Alien 3 has been more bad than good in the curate's egg department.

Archived