Aberdeen VS Motherwell on Friday 13th March

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not over the Celtic scoreline,if players feel same this should ensure Well go back doon the road pointless.fingers crossed .

Nae confident though, could be just my age as seen us fail so often. :shutup

A season just wouldn't feel right without a win at Pittodrie - but I just can't see it unfortunately. We are a lot better than we were a few weeks back but Aberdeen are streets ahead of us at the moment - so as long as it's not a humping that sets us back, I'll not be too bothered by a defeat here.

Would have been heading up to this if it had been a Saturday but another Friday night game means no football for me again this weekend.

Hopefully break in Tenerife has the players refreshed and back focused on winning as many games as possible between now and end of season to keep the pressure on Celtic. Expecting a professional 2-0 against Well despite their recent improvement in form.

I had a dream last night that we beat Chelsea 4-0 at Fir Park, and Scott McDonald scored a hat-trick.

With that kind of form behind us, I can only see this game going one way. Away win.

Preempted the fixture change and am heading up tomorrow morning for this one, returning on Sunday night.
We've improved drastically the last couple of games and could give Aberdeen a bit of a fright, however I don't think we'll win the game. The glorious march to the 2nd place trophy will continue for the Dons.

p.s. Our regular late night away day haunt of "Number 7" has closed, any other recommendations?

p.p.s. e16b13c8-d959-11e3-_698366b.jpg

I'm expecting a tough game but I think we should just about manage it. The week away should hopefully have brought a bit of clarity too the squad and sighing a player like driver should provide a lift too. That said Motherwell have form at popping our bubble.....

I'm very interested to see how we react to Parkhead a fortnight ago, and in particular how we react to the shambolic last half hour. The week away in Tenerife should hopefully have re-energised the squad for the remainder of the season. Even with the Saints win at Parkhead, it's tough to see us being able to get 7 more points than Celtic over the last 11 games, and the season is in danger of going a wee bit flat.

In terms of team selection, with Hayes still out, I'd assume Pawlett will be back in for Hayes. As I have said before, I don't think Flood fits in the style of direct, attacking football we've been playing since November and as such I would like to see Goodwillie restored in his place. We will stick with Scott Brown until the end of the season in spite of some horrendous mistakes in the big games.

Motherwell appear to have got a bounce from the return of Scott McDonald and the restoration of some better quality players into the lineup. I imagine, as seen last season, they'll be setup to shitfest and try to nick a goal on the break.

I reckon it will be 2-0 the Famous, Rooney and McGinn.

I had a dream last night that we beat Chelsea 4-0 at Fir Park, and Scott McDonald scored a hat-trick.

With that kind of form behind us, I can only see this game going one way. Away win.

The Motherwell Horsing keeps galloping forward.

Did Fraser Kerr score the other?

The Motherwell Horsing keeps galloping forward.

Did Fraser Kerr score the other?

No. It was Dev from Coronation Street, with a tap-in. What a dream it was.

Archived