New Kits 15/16

G-MAN

Sheffield-United-15-16-Home-Kit%2B(4).jp

Sheffield United announced their's last month and wore it in a league match although I thought you could only do that in the last game of the season.

A similar change to West Brom this season, it's not gone down well with the locals either.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheffield United announced their's last month and wore it in a league match although I thought you could only do that in the last game of the season.

A similar change to West Brom this season, it's not gone down well with the locals either.

And like West Brom, the natives are wrong. Cracking top.

It's more to do that they've got rid of the red and white stripes and it looks more like a white top even though there is red lines it's very thin and you can't see it from the stand. Supporters see it as an away kit or even a 3rd choice kit. I think some fans need to remember that this was uniteds first ever kit that they played in 126 years ago and that's why the club are going back to these colours for next season although it is confusing though as to why they've decided to celebrate our anniversary with a new home kit for next season rather than at the start of this season or even last season

Sheffield wore a similar shirt back in the 1890's, so their new kit has some historical relevance. It's probably best that they take inspiration from their kits in the 1890's over the 1990's tbh.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_United/Sheffield_United.htm

article-2585363-1C74144B00000578-264_634

You have to applaud them for actually doing something different with their tops away from the usual template pish. Then you have to take away that applause for producing something that looks like that.

The strip on the left they're currently using as their home kit (minus the sponsor). It's a rehash of a kit they had in the 80's when they were battling relegation and survived. I quite like it.

Here's a photo of it being used this season:

1441750-30831910-1600-900.jpg

A little bit more on the story behind the kit:

The 1986/87 season was the last time Lazio had a central Eagle separating blocks of white and blue, a campaign which saw the Biancocelesti docked 10 points after being convicted of match fixing. Lazio were in Serie B at the time and came within moments of falling into Italy's third tier, before a last-gasp goal from Eugenio Fascetti against saw them survive by the skin of their teeth.

Archived