Today's goals and gossip here.

tombo

Behave. Your not reading what i am posting. I am saying it's time they were sensible and ditched all the flags and toned it down a bit, that way people are not just talking about this sort of stuff when it comes to St Rochs.

It might be seen as backing down or not fair but sometimes in life you need to bite the bullet and do what's right for your clubs reputation.

Yes I am reading what you are posting

All I see is you condoning bigoted behaviour because as you stated its what they believe in

These people have no place in modern society never mind junior football & should be in no way encouraged

LADESIDE

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I see is you condoning bigoted behaviour because as you stated its what they believe in

These people have no place in modern society never mind junior football & should be in no way encouraged

LADESIDE

What the hell are you going on about bigoted people.

They are from a part of Glasgow with Irish roots and want to celebrate that. Nothing bigoted about that.

What i am saying is that is fine but a junior football game is not the place for them to do this as all it leads to is trouble. As i said sometimes in life you need to bite the bullet and those young fans need to do that by toning things down.

You sound like you have had a few bevies tonight ha.

LADESIDE

Get a grip. There's bugger all wrong with flying an Irish tricolour, Union Jack or Saltire.

LADESIDE

To be fair I don't think RRG is condoning anything but rather empathising with them.

Rightly or wrongly, the catholic communities in Glasgow, which is what primarily reside in the Royston/garngad area st Rochs are from, feel a closer affinity to Ireland than Scotland or the Uk. The Uk being the country it is encourages freedom of expression.

However, I think it is something which belongs solely in the senior game and something which does not need to come into the juniors as it will attract the wrong sorts.

I thought the candy fans were a credit to the club today with their singing and banter and showed great restraint in not reacting when bottles and bricks being thrown at them. Largs fans were great too and club officials assured us the youths involved were not their fans just a crowd from the area. Thanks to Largs for their help today and hospitality,genuine folk who know how to treat the visiting team hope to get them up for a pre season friendly.

Translated: local scheme goblins from the area again used the club as a platform & the area's "Irish roots" as an excuse (something that was irrelevant fifty years ago, let alone now) to behave like little shits, but of course as per usual it was everyone else's fault that everything kicked off - never them.

How many times have we heard this down the years? "It was big boys that did it & ran away." Yes, the club is cursed in that there's too many from that locality that seem to think they're supposed to go through life being in other's faces at every opportunity, but Largs have been made to regret letting them come to play at their ground.

If they want to carry on like that, fine, don't bother having friendlies with them again & stick to clubs who aren't going to bring along people they know are going to act like the Groundhoppers meets the Planet Of The Apes but turn a blind eye.

Lochee Utd 2 Fauldhouse Utd 3. Second half fightback from Lochee but Hoose just deserved the win. Pity about a section of their support, though. Foul mouthed neanderthals.

how not a bad game great hospitality use just never turned up for the first 45

What the hell are you going on about bigoted people.

They are from a part of Glasgow with Irish roots and want to celebrate that. Nothing bigoted about that.

What i am saying is that is fine but a junior football game is not the place for them to do this as all it leads to is trouble. As i said sometimes in life you need to bite the bullet and those young fans need to do that by toning things down.

You sound like you have had a few bevies tonight ha.

Did have 1 or 2 last night yeah

In the cold light of day I still have the same opinion that behaviour like that has no place in society never mind junior football

If they want to fly their tricolours or others wanna fly their union jacks then go to Parkhead or Ibrox .

LADESIDE

does anyone know if the st rochs fans take their flags to every game or do they hand pick which grounds that they think they can show them without incident ? if it is the former then they are playing a very dangerous game of russian roulette, and before anyone says its only a flag blah blah it is intimidating to certain people like it or not and would be very interesting or disturbing to see what kind of welcoming party would await them in the scottish cup if they drew a few of the teams in north ayrshire which im not going to name to save the good reputation of the clubs, and believe me it could easily happen so in a nutshell as fan of the juniors said leave all that carry on for the likes of ibrox and parkhead.

love and peace man :angel

Explain yourself wherever he goes bit ,I'm taking it you follow him about and check out his behavior or are you just talking shite, because as far as I can see he seems to be doing a great job considering most fancied them to go down , is that 6 or 4 points they've took from your games

Explain yourself wherever he goes bit ,I'm taking it you follow him about and check out his behavior or are you just talking shite, because as far as I can see he seems to be doing a great job considering most fancied them to go down , is that 6 or 4 points they've took from your games

Archived