Hibernian v Rangers

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only seen Hibs about 4 or 5 times on the TV which clearly means my opinion has little worth, but they just look like a side with no system or style of play. A few neat and tidy players who are good enough to beat most of the teams in the Championship, but they don't look like a proper team at all. They'll finish the season 30+ points behind Hearts, which is shameful.

As terrible as Rangers have been I fully expect them to beat Hibs in the play-offs.

I agree fully with your assessment of Hibs - it is ludicrous to suggest that they have been a better footballing team than Hearts as many Hibs supporters have been saying in previous threads.

For me they are miles behind Hearts as the League table suggests and today says to me that they remain a pretty spineless team with a lack of drive and will to win when the chips are down. I expect Rangers to finish second despite being a poor imitation of what a Rangers team should look like at this level and even if Hibs do somehow manage to finish second I cant see them getting promotion at end of day.

I would much prefer to see Hibs going up than Rangers but I dont see it happening.

I agree fully with your assessment of Hibs - it is ludicrous to suggest that they have been a better footballing team than Hearts as many Hibs supporters have been saying in previous threads.

For me they are miles behind Hearts as the League table suggests and today says to me that they remain a pretty spineless team with a lack of drive and will to win when the chips are down. I expect Rangers to finish second despite being a poor imitation of what a Rangers team should look like at this level and even if Hibs do somehow manage to finish second I cant see them getting promotion at end of day.

I would much prefer to see Hibs going up than Rangers but I dont see it happening.

:lol: Fucking hell. Is everyone on P&B in on an uber-sophisticated and successful effort to whoosh/troll me with this stuff? :lol:

Hearts fans completely make up an opinion Hibs fans have, including a thread started by a Hearts poster, and all of a sudden it's an accepted Hibs thing?

Meh, we got what we deserved. Suppose it's better to have a defeat from them now rather than the playoffs, it's a kick up the arse for us for sure.

I didn't think Rangers were great tbh but they done enough to win the match so fair play to them. Dat second goal though.

I've only seen Hibs about 4 or 5 times on the TV which clearly means my opinion has little worth, but they just look like a side with no system or style of play. A few neat and tidy players who are good enough to beat most of the teams in the Championship, but they don't look like a proper team at all. They'll finish the season 30+ points behind Hearts, which is shameful.

As terrible as Rangers have been I fully expect them to beat Hibs in the play-offs.

Are you using 'Hibs' as a synonym for Rangers? Uncharacteristically, Hibs have had very good games when being broadcast live on the tele. We have been the better side in almost every televised fixture, with the only deviation in our style of play from one game to the next being a tactical/forced change in formation.

This has been the most 'complete' Hibs side for almost half a decade and it has shown. Off today's game, we didn't look like a proper team at all and it appears as though Hibs fans unanimously agree. So if you cut your '4 or 5 times' to count just today then I'd agree with you. Since you're not, I think your post is completely ridiculous. Performances and tactical errors aside, we are still looking to find the best fit for our midfield. Still, we have never looked disjointed or absent in 'system or style of play' in any of the other televised games.

There's another one of those 'Hibs myths' rearing its head. If you are on a desktop, it helps to check which team the posters support when saying this type of thing. Tongue-in-cheek replies don't count either, even if the reality is that Hibs play scintillating games of intense visual gratification.

Name any other game since our resurgence this season where we have been spineless. Of course, that is not possible and is unfair to ask when you are just counting one Hibs game as a basis - can you see how ludicrous your sentence sounds? It has been years since I recall so many late winners and comebacks from a Hibs side. The quality of the sides may be poorer, but coming back into games constantly this season 'when the chips are down' has shown plenty of 'drive and a will to win'.

I don't usually bite to nonsense like this, but even us vermin need to keep Hibs threads clean - otherwise these fallacies will plague every Hibs thread.

What was the story with Cummings today, btw? Hadn't heard about him being injured but not in the squad? Could really do with him, Malonga and Farid available for the really big games, hope he's not been dropped for being a dafty again.

Edit: Google's my friend, was an injury. Hopefully if it was touch and go today, he'll be back in against Raith.

Are you using 'Hibs' as a synonym for Rangers? Uncharacteristically, Hibs have had very good games when being broadcast live on the tele. We have been the better side in almost every televised fixture, with the only deviation in our style of play from one game to the next being a tactical/forced change in formation.

This has been the most 'complete' Hibs side for almost half a decade and it has shown. Off today's game, we didn't look like a proper team at all and it appears as though Hibs fans unanimously agree. So if you cut your '4 or 5 times' to count just today then I'd agree with you. Since you're not, I think your post is completely ridiculous. Performances and tactical errors aside, we are still looking to find the best fit for our midfield. Still, we have never looked disjointed or absent in 'system or style of play' in any of the other televised games.

There's another one of those 'Hibs myths' rearing its head. If you are on a desktop, it helps to check which team the posters support when saying this type of thing. Tongue-in-cheek replies don't count either, even if the reality is that Hibs play scintillating games of intense visual gratification.

Name any other game since our resurgence this season where we have been spineless. Of course, that is not possible and is unfair to ask when you are just counting one Hibs game as a basis - can you see how ludicrous your sentence sounds? It has been years since I recall so many late winners and comebacks from a Hibs side. The quality of the sides may be poorer, but coming back into games constantly this season 'when the chips are down' has shown plenty of 'drive and a will to win'.

I don't usually bite to nonsense like this, but even us vermin need to keep Hibs threads clean - otherwise these fallacies will plague every Hibs thread.

:)

What was the story with Cummings today, btw? Hadn't heard about him being injured but not in the squad? Could really do with him, Malonga and Farid available for the really big games, hope he's not been dropped for being a dafty again.

Edit: Google's my friend, was an injury. Hopefully if it was touch and go today, he'll be back in against Raith.

We really missed his work rate and running in behind today, he keeps defenders busy and on the back foot. We really were toothless up front which is disappointing because it was that problem which held us back at the start of the season.

Archived