Hibernian v Rangers

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cummings defo was a factor, and Djedje was a passenger. You can afford a luxury player like him vs lesser outfits, but maybe not Sevco.

I thought big dom was shite too. Although pumping high balls at him was never going to go very well. Made Moshni/Zaliukas/McCulloch look semi competent.

Lot of comments predicting a Rangers revival to seal promotion and a typical collapse from Hibs.

To that I say "Calm down, it's one game for goodness sakes!"...

I hope this really is the beginning of Rangers building momentum but lets wait a few games before making a judgement. Rangers have continuously seemed like they're about to put a run together only to drop points shortly afterwards to some wee diddy team.

As for the match today, Rangers prevented Hibs from playing their natural game but I suspect many of them had an off day as well. Rangers were up for it though, which hasn't been the case in a long time. Hopefully the work-rate will stay at that level for the remaining matches.

I thought big dom was shite too. Although pumping high balls at him was never going to go very well. Made Moshni/Zaliukas/McCulloch look semi competent.

We never looked like we had a plan B at any point today, we should have went 3 at the back and matched Rangers. Pushing Wallace and McGregor back with Stevenson and Gray/Watson.

Yep Rangers' workrate today was an extremely noticeable difference from our previous games. In our wins they looked lazy and unfit, meaning we could break into oceans of space in the away games and spray the ball all over the place in the 4-0 match. Fair play, today was the complete opposite.

I still see very little quality in that Rangers team but today hopefully tought our players that they won't turn up to be rolled over next time.

Stubbs is one hell of a sour-pussed whinger. It was patently obvious that Sevco were the hungrier team. Hibs just didn't turn up today - they could've all but sealed 2nd place but bottled it again. At least it's made the play-offs look more interesting. Who knows who will end up in 2nd, 3rd and 4th places?

As to Collum - what a clown. It didn't make a difference to the outcome though. Hibs could've played all night and they wouldn't have scored. No shots on goal in 90mins? That's what Stubbs should be whinging about.

"Even when we've won the league, it's important that we continue to win games. We have to play Hibs and Rangers, and it's vital for us to beat these sides.

"Our mindset is that we must win every game, a club of this stature must not accept less. Robbie Neilson

We never looked like we had a plan B at any point today, we should have went 3 at the back and matched Rangers. Pushing Wallace and McGregor back with Stevenson and Gray/Watson.

Exactly what I said at half time. Was disappointed when it was a straight swap with Watson/Gray. Our full backs are usually a key attacking point but the way Rangers set up totally killed that. Don't think we got properly behind them on either side throughout the game to put a cross in.

Imo not just the change in personnel from previous games which gave Rangers more pace but so did the change in formation. 3-5-2. They also played at a higher tempo higher up the park. Remember it was the two wing backs fighting to score 6 yds out. Well done to McCall and the team. However I genuinely didn't think Hibs played badly but were certainly weak up front. Allan McGeuoch and Fyvie are very good as was their defence.

Eighty quid here - various odds and sods throughout the last week as winnings allowed. All predicated on Hibs not doing a fucking Hibs, right enough. :(

Not to worry - just made double that (ish) back on Barca and marseilles, with Djokovic doing the business for the icing on the cake, hopefully...

Archived