TMSTID v The Famous Aberdeen

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we was flat today, midfield was very poor especially in 2nd half. Another decision goes against us and this one actually mattered but if truth be said Dundee deserved a point. 2nd looks like we have got that already unless we collapse and 1st is now beyond us. Best aim now is to improve on points from last season and it like we we are going to strengthen again for next season so have another go at celtic

Thought we struggled to get going first half and Dons dominated first half without creating too much - delighted that Pawlett and Hayes weren't playing. Much more even second half. A draw was a good result for us today.

Having lived in Aberdeenshire for years and having loads of mates up there I'd love the Dons to win the league but doubt that will happen now.

Some pics from the game - http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/21-03-2015-Dundee-v-Aberdeen/G00002XvU62rT6II/

McGovern is decent too, certainly better than what we have.

Haven't really seen an Aberdeen keeper make a mistake this season against us - probably due to the 3 pumpings you've given us but even in the game we won I thought Langfield couldn't really be blamed.

Poor first half, better in the second. A draw was a fair result.

Did anyone else see the boy racer outside Tannadice at FT? He drove at the crowd then shouted abuse at the people he just about ran over - only to be stopped by two polis. His keys were taken when he tried to drive off while they were speaking to him. Silly wee laddie.

Poor first half, better in the second. A draw was a fair result.

Did anyone else see the boy racer outside Tannadice at FT? He drove at the crowd then shouted abuse at the people he just about ran over - only to be stopped by two polis. His keys were taken when he tried to drive off while they were speaking to him. Silly wee laddie.

Probably Alert Mongoose on acid thinking the pedestrians were Hamsters.

The draw was a fair result, both teams had a half where they dominated the ball while creating very little with it.

Again however we've been shown to be far too slow, ponderous and indirect when we've had Flood and Jack playing together. I don't know how long it will take McInnes to realise that these two don't work well with one another. On their own with a more direct player beside them, each improve greatly, together, it doesn't work.

Today, too often, as McInnes alluded too post match, we were too indulgent on the ball in the wrong areas, mainly because neither Flood or Jack are comfortable in going forward with the ball and running at teams. Because of that, we spent most of the game howking the ball long after taking too long, too deep. Now, despite his mistake today, for me Jack is the better player, I would like to see a replacement for Flood sought out in the summer.

First half we had a lot of possession but squandered it too often, howked the ball long and played in crosses, which were meat and drink for McPake and Konrad. To score, you need to run at McPake, force him to dive in and that opens the space. The one time we did that today, we scored. But too often we reverted to type first and second half due to our ponderous play. The goal we lost was an awful mistake by Jack, but given the season he's had, it's a bad one off and won't happen again. Dundee deserved it though, they were the better team in the second half.

Again, I felt McInnes was far too slow in making changes to a team that wasn't working. To take off two of the three players most likely to provide any penetration in the game, even despite McGinn being shite for us, was utterly baffling. And as too often, McInnes was far too slow in changing the team. For me, the manager had to do better there, recognise where our play was breaking down and act upon it, rather than being too loyal to 2 senior players in Flood and Jack. One had to come off to get Pawlett on before the equaliser and go at Dundee. It's great talking about being over indulgent, but he has to recognise where the issue is and act permanently upon it, rather than making the same mistake of pairing them together and failing to change it.

Overall, a fair draw, Dundee will be top 6 and Hartley was impressively proactive in his substitutions. At least Inverness lost!

First half utter shite, second less so. Ehburdeen not great either and there for the taking if we'd had midfielders with the desire to drive forward rather than turn back every time they get the ball but that said happy enough with a point

poor game and a fair result in the end. substitutions for the dons were far too late and the wrong ones imo. anyway, dundee are a decent side and i think Hartley will be a top manager. would like to see more of shankland/smith now that our ahem, title aspirations are over.

Just watched MotD and seen Palace's penalty - even less contact than Langfield had on McGowan. If people are struggling to see how the ref couldn't give the penalty for the handball then I am struggling to see how the ref gave the penalty in the Stoke-Palace game.

Archived