yoker v linlithgow 1/4 final

lithgierose

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosey said:

lets say its not a joking matter...

Exactly, not funny at all.

Really? Well,since they say that humour is subjective,let's see if we can get some guidelines in place here....

1/ Old guy falls over wall,lands on noggin sustaining serious spinal injury.....not funny,jokes verboten (unless posted on GN forum).

2/ Old guy falls over wall,lands on noggin sustaining minor injuries and quickly returns to the rudest of health....jokes allowed as it's exactly this type of slapstick that provided a decent living for Laurel and Hardy,The Marx Brothers,et al.

For better or worse,we like to laugh (well,most of us do) at the minor misfortunes..falls,bumps,thumps etc.of others,as long as everything turns out ok in the end,which is why the telly programmes featuring this stuff are so popular.

So let's look forward to the old dude making a full recovery,and to the forum funsters regaling us with the usual high-calibre thigh-slappers.

Over to you,jimbo. :P

Why the need to question it?

You can go and take your face for a shite !! nothing to do with you or yer pal from over the flints !!

I have said its NOT a laughing matter, that should be enough surely for everyone to take the hint

to be fair,he is quite consistent with spitting the dummy.his views are the only ones allowed.in his little world.

the goose sorted him out for a wee while.walks about with a perma lip.

Aw boo hoo I am devastated..............

Why the need to question it?

roseyposey, on 24 Mar 2015 - 16:59, said:

You can go and take your face for a shite !! nothing to do with you or yer pal from over the flints !!

I have said its NOT a laughing matter, that should be enough surely for everyone to take the hint

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stamps foot and launches toys. 8)

last post on this.......... going by your criteria set earlier !! Its NOT a laughing matter......

If by this,you mean that you have knowledge of the old boy's injury,don't you think that you might share it with folk on here who've enquired about his current condition?

Unless,of course,you've been asked to keep any such info to yourself.

If by this,you mean that you have knowledge of the old boy's injury,don't you think that you might share it with folk on here who've enquired about his current condition?

Unless,of course,you've been asked to keep any such info to yourself.

I know a bit more about it and I'm not putting anything on here either. He's right, the fall was the last thing the old fella needed. Crack on with the jokes and the digs though. It's the Internet after all and anyone can be a c**t on the Internet behind their username.

Rosey repeating that a 75+ guy falling over a wall with a steep drop at the other side is no laughing matter is quite right. Nothing to do with his toys going out the pram or anything else. The usual trolling kicks in and maybe Rosey could express himself better on here but when you read through all the other shite flying about the place what's the point?

I know a bit more about it and I'm not putting anything on here either. He's right, the fall was the last thing the old fella needed. Crack on with the jokes and the digs though. It's the Internet after all and anyone can be a c**t on the Internet behind their username.

Rosey repeating that a 75+ guy falling over a wall with a steep drop at the other side is no laughing matter is quite right. Nothing to do with his toys going out the pram or anything else. The usual trolling kicks in and maybe Rosey could express himself better on here but when you read through all the other shite flying about the place what's the point?

Nothing at all to do with how Rosey can or can't express himself.All that was required was that the veil of secrecy was parted to let the punters know that a 75 year old (until now he's been described an 'old guy' which,on here,can mean anything from 50 upwards)was pretty ill after his fall,and I doubt that there would have been any jokes or digs.

I wish..as I'm sure does everyone else on here. the old fella a speedy and complete recovery.

And of course you're right,'anyone can be a c**t behind their username'. ;)

Eta On looking back over the posts I see that Rosey did in fact say that the guy was in his 70s.Still,my statement re info on his condition stands.

2 pages of shite could have been avoided with a general statement of "the guy is recovering well" or "the guy isn't doing great after his fall"

Or maybe not !! maybe folk could just have accepted the "its not a laughing matter" statement for what it meant !!

its bad enough with the other lot but when your own fans start like goodold with his rolleyes smiley then to be honest it

starts to grate a little

Completely avoiding the situation with the Linlithgow supporter (except to say hope things work out ok) but i can't avoid the tone of this roseyposey character,

You, pal, are a crabbit, quick-tempered, uncouth individual. Give yerself a shake and move on.

Archived