The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

To be fair he was signed by them in the January transfer window so you must have got paid or he wouldn't have been allowed to play in Egypt.  Even if you hadn't actually paid it was money which probably hadn't been budgeted for by killie so wouldn't have affected anything 

It will have been budgeted for now. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of trouble if he is in breach of contract. If only a certain lawyer was still about....

I wouldn't imagine his departure has any impact on what we're owed in this transfer - having said that, I think we actually got the vast majority of it (if not all of it) up front. 

Kilmarnock are "behind schedule" as they build for the new season.

McCulloch was appointed permanent manager on a three-year deal, having been interim boss since 19 February. 

"Some players where saying, 'how can we take you seriously when you're not the manager?'" McCulloch told BBC Scotland.

"But now it's confirmed I'll be pushing on to try and get the right players in for the club and the fans."
McCulloch, who says he is "delighted" and "ready for the challenge ahead", took charge of the team after Lee Clark left for Bury, and guided Kilmarnock to eighth place and Premiership safety last season.

He says there is a pressing need to add to his squad, with only around 10 senior players currently on contract at the club. 

"We've got the youngest team in Britain so we need to try and bring in a little bit more experience," McCulloch said. "But along with that, some more young and hungry players.

"Other teams are making signings and getting word out there that they want certain players."

However with three Kilmarnock players involved with the Scotland under 20's side that beat Brazil at the Toulon Tournament, including Greg Taylor who scored the winner, he has plenty of confidence that the young players will deliver for him. 

McCulloch also revealed he spoke to some supporters groups about the prospect of him becoming the manger on a permanent basis, "wanting to make sure they were happy".

"It's important to get backing from supporters, it's important that everyone is together, because we need to try and get into the community to get people back in to the stadium," McCulloch added.
Encouraging more fans through the turnstile is a priority for the new Kilmarnock manager at a club he believes is "a sleeping giant". 

"We've an 18,000 all-seater stadium here and we're averaging 3,000 people a game, so we need to try and get everyone together, start connecting with the community and getting a winning displays on the pitch," McCulloch said.

"I've been here as assistant manager for the last two and a half years, now it's straight into management so it came quicker than what I expected, but it's a challenge that I'm really looking forward to taking on."

14 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Feel quite sorry for Coulibaly. Even though Scottish football gets a bit of a bad rap at least we treat players pretty well for the most part. There have been plenty of horror stories like this from the Middle East and places like Turkey before.

Hopefully we've been paid.

Unless there was some sort of "play x games and receive more money" clause in the contract when we sold Coulibaly, we'll be alright.  The breach of contract is between Coulibaly and Al Ahly.  The contract between Al Ahly and Kilmarnock was not breached.

2 hours ago, sjc said:

What's the craic with Michael Johnstone at Kilmarnock? Has he stepped down or did I just imagine that? 

Has stepped down from the board and resigned as company secretary.

Still joint majority shareholder though, that'll remain the case until he gets an offer for his shares that Jamie Moffat finds acceptable. 

1 hour ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

Has stepped down from the board and resigned as company secretary.

Still joint majority shareholder though, that'll remain the case until he gets an offer for his shares that Jamie Moffat finds acceptable. 

Cheers. Does this mean the boycotting Kilmarnock fans will be returning this season or will that only happen when he's sold his shareholding? 

57 minutes ago, sjc said:

Cheers. Does this mean the boycotting Kilmarnock fans will be returning this season or will that only happen when he's sold his shareholding? 

If I had been boycotting I think I'd want him out of the picture completely before I returned but the general consensus is that most will be returning. Certainly a good few on Kickback are pledging to to buy season tickets again with a few already having done so.

The thing is, when you fall out of the swing of going to the football, I fear it'd be hard to pick back up once you've found other ways to spend your weekend but I hope to proved wrong. 

28 minutes ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

If I had been boycotting I think I'd want him out of the picture completely before I returned but the general consensus is that most will be returning. Certainly a good few on Kickback are pledging to to buy season tickets again with a few already having done so.

The thing is, when you fall out of the swing of going to the football, I fear it'd be hard to pick back up once you've found other ways to spend your weekend but I hope to proved wrong. 

Fingers crossed they'll be back in numbers for you guys. Shame that it had to come to that but can understand why so many Kilmarnock fans did.

2 hours ago, sjc said:

It will take time to get the majority of fans to return, it's not going to be a quick fix.

On the plus side, around 900 more fans attended, than our average home gate, the match against Ross Co, the day after his resignation.

Reading the posts on Killie Kickback, lots of people seem to have renewed since Johnston's departure. The NAPM, (not a penny more) guys, for example, are posting about their whole families buying season tickets, some as many as 4 or 5, and resuming sponsorship of the club now he's gone.

As I said it's a long process to attract these people back but it's a start.

44 minutes ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

I have heard Michael Gardyne is apparently coming back. Boyd in the past has claimed he's the best supporting striker he's played with.

Pass. I felt he flattered to deceive in his last spell with us. 1 goal and 1 assist in about 25 games was the stat if I recall. 

8 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Pass. I felt he flattered to deceive in his last spell with us. 1 goal and 1 assist in about 25 games was the stat if I recall. 

Nothing confirmed yet anyway but I'd be happy to give him another chance. I thought he did ok the last time, although I was definitely in the minority. 

2 hours ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

I have heard Michael Gardyne is apparently coming back. Boyd in the past has claimed he's the best supporting striker he's played with.

No chance County would let him go, he's a first pick every week.

Even if his productivity dropped last season his work rate and what he offers to the team mean he's too valuable.

2 hours ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

I really hope not.  I thought he was a headless chicken, and I know he has done reasonably well at County, but he completely flattered to deceive when he was at Kilmarnock a couple of years ago.  

Gardyne is a bit of an enigma.  He has been excellent for Ross County in the Premiership, but he didn't contribute a lot the last time he was here, and he had similar struggles at Dundee United.  I suspect it's a case of County being the right fit for him.  Not sure it would be a wise signing, especially given his age.

On 6/6/2017 at 13:27, C4mmy31 said:

It will take time to get the majority of fans to return, it's not going to be a quick fix.

On the plus side, around 900 more fans attended, than our average home gate, the match against Ross Co, the day after his resignation.

Reading the posts on Killie Kickback, lots of people seem to have renewed since Johnston's departure. The NAPM, (not a penny more) guys, for example, are posting about their whole families buying season tickets, some as many as 4 or 5, and resuming sponsorship of the club now he's gone.

As I said it's a long process to attract these people back but it's a start.

Think season tickets are up 300 or so same time as last year. Think around 2800 are taken so far (that might include reserved seats that haven't been renewed yet tho)

Folk signing up for Trust and Trust in Killie too, Trying to raise 100k to get a fan representative on the board. Finance would definitely help us plus starts the fan ownership process. An extra 100k could get us a couple of decent players for a season.

Links if anyone interested. 

http://killietrust.killiefc.com/en/join_48766/

http://killietrust.killiefc.com/en/trust-in-killie_52022/

Edited by PrestersKTID