The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

O'Donnell is a cracking attacking right back. Defensively he maybe isn't the best, but makes up for it with his runs up the park. I think he started out as a winger, and it shows, as he is very comfortable on the ball and confident enough to have a shot at goal. For all of that, he is the best example of a confidence based player I think I've seen. If his head is down, he will get caught out. So he needs the players and fans to keep his confidence up, to get the best out of him.

Was sorry to see him go, but I reckon a 100% Dumbuya just about pips SOD for the position....hope he's not away anywhere soon.

7 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Former Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot's switch from Rotherham United to Kilmarnock is set to be completed this morning, with the 32-year-old surplus to requirements at the Millers following their relegation from the English Championship. (Daily Record)

Note to catering staff, please remove all eggs and microwaves from the canteen please.......emoji12.png

Didn't that guy also get banned for a Sectarian outburst while playing for Rotherham?  

Sure that will go down just fine in Kilmarnock.

As noted above, be nice to Stephen and you've got a good player on your hands. Hopefully not too affected by a disappointing spell down south. I suspect you'll be starting the season with a better right back than us. 

48 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Didn't that guy also get banned for a Sectarian outburst while playing for Rotherham?  

Blackpool I think that was.

Said something to that other angel James McLean.

Don't think it was ever revealed what was said.

He's a cvnt but should be a solid signing in terms of footballing ability.

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Blackpool I think that was.

Said something to that other angel James McLean.

Don't think it was ever revealed what was said.

He's a cvnt but should be a solid signing in terms of footballing ability.

Isn't he more of a Right Back?  Seems to me that's where he played when he was with Rangers so it seems odd that Kilmarnock would sign both him and O'Donnell, who IMHO is going to be the better signing than Broadfoot.

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Isn't he more of a Right Back?  Seems to me that's where he played when he was with Rangers so it seems odd that Kilmarnock would sign both him and O'Donnell, who IMHO is going to be the better signing than Broadfoot.

He was IMO played totally out of position at Sevco.

He was signed from St Mirren because of his potential as a center half.

He was a shite RB but I'm sure he will do a job for us at CF where he belongs.

I am much preferring this close seasons signings than last years loan bonanza...

A couple of experienced hard solid defensive players in Power and Broadfoot. We have been too soft in past and may allow Dicker back into midfield

Exciting young talent in Higgins and Waters, to add to our own Toulon boys. 

SPFL Experience in O'Donnell and possibly Woodman back. Only need a couple of attacking players now and we should be in a good place for start of season. Then if we also get Ajer back!!

Broadfoot is a better CH than a RB, but you are right, he can cover there if needed in an emergency.

His best performances were with St Mirren playing as a CH before Rangers ruined him lol.