The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

2.Samson isn't
3.Where is Josh?

Samson and Josh have been given extra time off as they were both on international duty, late into the summer. Samson has been told he's free to find a new club, but apparently content to stay for now.

6.Who is that tidy wee blonde burd?

Megan Finlayson, she's been the U20 physio for a year or so now. I actually know her, a nice lassie who has a Masters in Sports Science too so knows what she's talking about.

I can't see Brennan there either?

Brennan will be joining Stranraer on loan.

Samson and Josh have been given extra time off as they were both on international duty, late into the summer. Samson has been told he's free to find a new club, but apparently content to stay for now.

Megan Finlayson, she's been the U20 physio for a year or so now. I actually know her, a nice lassie who has a Masters in Sports Science too so knows what she's talking about.

Why only answer 3 of my questions?

Cmon mate.

I need to know all the details. ;)

3 year deal for what is an average at best LB?! Oft. Killie's only hope going by their signings is that Kris Boyd proves he's not past it and fires you well away from relegation.

3 year deal for what is an average at best LB?! Oft. Killie's only hope going by their signings is that Kris Boyd proves he's not past it and fires you well away from relegation.

As is discussed on the transfer thread, it's very unlikely to be a straight three years.

Quitongo's Left Peg, on 02 Jul 2015 - 16:44, said:

As is discussed on the transfer thread, it's very unlikely to be a straight three years.

Out of interest, why did Chantler leave? Was he wanting more money or just released? In my limited viewings of him, he looked like a very decent LB, certainly better than Smith anyways.

Out of interest, why did Chantler leave? Was he wanting more money or just released? In my limited viewings of him, he looked like a very decent LB, certainly better than Smith anyways.

He had fitness issues, and was injured a lot. He wanted to go back to England, we wanted someone more reliable and so we parted company. A shame because he looked decent, but I'm fairly happy with Smith as a replacement.

He wasn't ever really fit.

He was brilliant at Dens on the opening day of last season and for the first quarter of the season when I suppose he was a bit of an unknown quantity. Once he played against teams a couple of times they obviously spotted his flaws because he looked poorer as the season went on.

The whole team only got worse to be fair to him but 6 months ago I'd have said he's a big loss - not now though.

Home sickness, from what I hear. Edited by Richie95

Brennan has met with the coaching staff and board at Stranraer this week (I believe) and looks like he will join in the next day or so!!

Not sure whether he will train with the Killie team as well as the Stranraer squad as the raer train 3/4 nights a week...

He'll be their walk in Number 1 now that Mitch has left!! Should give him some good experience...

Edited by theProdigy

Smith and Boyd are clever signings.

Smith has has potential to be a cracking left-back in the premiership imo.

He got a bad injury for us early on in his first stop, but prior to that looked like a top player.

If he gets a bit of stability, gets fit, and gets playing regularly in his position, he should kick on.

It's inevitable that Boyd will score loadsa goals.

As for Jig, ... Mmm., not so sure.

The McCulloch deal is supposedly off.

Tbf, I appreciate he stayed on etc. But he was never a CB, captain, or worth the money he was on.

I can't think where he would fit in to a Killie team so that would make sense not to go for a deal.

No offence to the guy, but I can't imagine he'll end up back with us.