The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

If we use the money from Samson's wages to bring in an experienced defender like Zaliukas then I'll be very happy indeed. Swapping a goalkeeper who will likely spend the season on the bench for a defender who can definitely still cut it at this level is a win-win for me.

Ahh Cass, we both know the Andy Walker pen goal was so much more iconic ;)

As an aside Alex Williams scored at Somerset yesterday. Remember him?!

Aye. Scored against us to take a cup game to a replay.

Definitely not.

Plagued with injuries his entire career and when he was fit he wasn't all that great.

He had a horrible spell with injuries but sInce he left Rangers he made over 70 appearances in 2 and a half seasons for us and then another 70 odd in 2 years at Coventry,he's obviously overcame that.

As for not being all that great I'll assume you're at it. He was a very good defender, and read the game brilliantly. Two very good spells with Hearts and a good year at United.

Not sure what he's like just now, age might've got the better of him. But to say he wasn't very good is nonsense.

Definitely not.

Plagued with injuries his entire career and when he was fit he wasn't all that great.

He was one of the best defenders in Scotland when he was fit. However, he's completely done now so I wouldn't want him.

Not sure if we really need to be signing another centre-back. We have Connolly, Findlay and Ashcroft and then we have either McCulloch or Hodge as cover. Left-back is the position we really need to strengthen, particularly with Smith's injury record. If Samson leaves then we'll probably need to bring in a keeper as cover too with Brennan out on loan.

Zaliukas would be a pretty mental signing. Connolly is clearly a first choice for anyone at this level and everyone seems to rate Findlay highly. I'd definitely be expecting us to be dishing out 6-1 pumpings if ever we came up against Zaliukas.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Zaliukas would be a pretty mental signing. Connolly is clearly a first choice for anyone at this level and everyone seems to rate Findlay highly. I'd definitely be expecting us to be dishing out 6-1 pumpings if ever we came up against Zaliukas.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about the amount of 6-1 pumpings, Motherwell are on the recieving end of, should you sign Craig Samson.

Edited by C4mmy31

Scotland squad goalkeeper Craig Samson is on the verge of quitting Kilmarnock after losing his number one spot following the arrival of Jamie MacDonald from Falkirk and the 31-year-old could join Motherwell, who are poised to miss out on Christian Walton on loan from Brighton.(Daily Express)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I hope they're paying a fee to snap up an international squad player who's still under contract.