The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

We knocked back £200k from Derby for Cameron and talked him into signing for us on permanent terms.

Hmm, great statement of intent from the club - but I'm not sure we should have been quite so hasty to publicise that. Bit early to essentially stick a value in the supporters' minds for the boy to live up to.

Was it volunteered or was it in response to a direct question?

4 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Lee confirmed at the supporters AGM, Jones has 2 yrs left on his contract, "phone has been ringing as " every team in Scotland seems to want him" but we are looking at extending his deal.

We knocked back £200k from Derby for Cameron and talked him into signing for us on permanent terms.

We have made terms with 4, possibly 5 players, hopefully in before we fly out to LA Manga on Thursday.

Who its possibly to we have made term with 4 player (Daniel Higgins and Alan Power sign done but two come join us this week) but one player before we fly out to Spain to La Manga for training camp on Thursday?

When LM was talking about the youngsters he volunteered it.... You guys don't know the half of it, both John & Lee answered everything they were asked, never shirked one.

You need to check out kickback, it's got a summary of everything discussed & answered.... The most open meeting I've ever been to at RP.

Who its possibly to we have made term with 4 player (Daniel Higgins and Alan Power sign done but two come join us this week) but one player before we fly out to Spain to La Manga for training camp on Thursday?

No Craig, it is another 4 possibly 5 before we head off to La Manga, Lee wants 10 possibly 12 new players giving him a 1st team squad of around 22. No names mentioned until we get them signed up.....

There will be daily updates (blogs) from Spain to keep us all up to date on progress [emoji106]

58 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

When LM was talking about the youngsters he volunteered it.... You guys don't know the half of it, both John & Lee answered everything they were asked, never shirked one.

You need to check out kickback, it's got a summary of everything discussed & answered.... The most open meeting I've ever been to at RP

Exactly the same at the club AGM. There were a lot of atrocious questions raised and he was totally respectful and gave a genuine answer to every single one. Scheduled for 15 minutes and stood for an hour, I'm really impressedwith him.

Exactly the same at the club AGM. There were a lot of atrocious questions raised and he was totally respectful and gave a genuine answer to every single one. Scheduled for 15 minutes and stood for an hour, I'm really impressedwith him.

About an hour and 20 mins today mate....

In young Higgins I think you've potentially got a very good player. Sad to see him leave, looked like he was ready to be a first team squad member. I would disagree with Ludo - he's a pretty big unit with decent touch and a decent pass. Could be a very decent CH IMO.

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

No Craig, it is another 4 possibly 5 before we head off to La Manga, Lee wants 10 possibly 12 new players giving him a 1st team squad of around 22. No names mentioned until we get them signed up.....

There will be daily updates (blogs) from Spain to keep us all up to date on progress emoji106.png

12 players?

In young Higgins I think you've potentially got a very good player. Sad to see him leave, looked like he was ready to be a first team squad member. I would disagree with Ludo - he's a pretty big unit with decent touch and a decent pass. Could be a very decent CH IMO.

I wouldn't consider 5'11 a big unit for a CH Spud. Far from it.

Has McCulloch made it clear as to whether Higgins has signed for the first team or developmental to begin with?

He said yesterday all his signings would be 1st team squad members, hoping to sign 10 maybe 12 so he has a squad of around 22.... He stressed that nobody would be a 1st team regular, they would have to earn their place both in training and matches.

"Higgins will be a fantastic signing, has still to learn but will be a star in the future, can play CB or centre mid"

It was noticeable his mood changed when asked about McDonald, he said he hadn't read the story in the Edinburgh Evening News but would be having "a word" with Jamie tomorrow, he said we need 2 keepers and for the life of himself he couldn't understand why a professional football player wouldn't want to stay and fight for his place.

He said at La Manga they were not going there for a holiday it's 4 training sessions a day and on the two down days it's only 3 sessions, 1st session starts at 7am last at 6pm, he said fitness last season wasn't good enough. He is well aware of the importance of the Ayr game and had even considered bring the players in early to start preseason but felt it wouldn't be fair on them.......

He said yesterday all his signings would be 1st team squad members, hoping to sign 10 maybe 12 so he has a squad of around 22.... He stressed that nobody would be a 1st team regular, they would have to earn their place both in training and matches.

"Higgins will be a fantastic signing, has still to learn but will be a star in the future, can play CB or centre mid"

It was noticeable his mood changed when asked about McDonald, he said he hadn't read the story in the Edinburgh Evening News but would be having "a word" with Jamie tomorrow, he said we need 2 keepers and for the life of himself he couldn't understand why a professional football player wouldn't want to stay and fight for his place.

He said at La Manga they were not going there for a holiday it's 4 training sessions a day and on the two down days it's only 3 sessions, 1st session starts at 7am last at 6pm, he said fitness last season wasn't good enough. He is well aware of the importance of the Ayr game and had even considered bring the players in early to start preseason but felt it wouldn't be fair on them.......

I'm going to have to stop reading the Killie thread. This Higgins business is giving me the boak (boke?).

Scott Boyd apparently has been appointed as an assistant to the chief executive.  He just graduated with a BA in Sports Management.  It's unclear whether he'll receive additional pay for the role, but he'll remain a player.

On 25/06/2017 at 13:23, C4mmy31 said:

He said at La Manga they were not going there for a holiday it's 4 training sessions a day and on the two down days it's only 3 sessions, 1st session starts at 7am last at 6pm, he said fitness last season wasn't good enough.

We've heard that from every Killie manager since AJ.