Celtic v Dundee United, Part 4

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You what? Yeah, the goalie is letting in 7 every week. Let's sign him up. The striker isn't scoring at all, all season. He deserves a run in the first team. What about the defenders that can't, erm... Defend?

He's already been signed. As I explained youth football is nothing to do with results and you are a dinosaur. Thank god dinosaurs like you are a dying breed in Scottish football and visionaries like Cathro are taking over.

It depends how old the players are and what you're trying to do though, and was it really every week or just one game.

I don''t think he'd have progressed how he has if it was every week.

But playing football the right way requires taking risks and a lot of learning, it's easy to put a few big brutes and whippets on the park and scream abuse at them, which is the standard old-school way of handling kids in Scotland.

Its also why Scottish age group teams used to do quite well but then get found out as they got older. the other countries were learning the game not relying on physique.

At age group level physique had a big impact but when you got to senior level they had that anyway, and had spent the last 15 years learning the game and honing their skills, when our players hadn't.

People like Cathro are a sea-change in Scottish football that we've been crying out for for decades.

He said he would want a full pre-season an English as the first language for his first job. Also intimated he would happily leave this summer for the right job and says the natural step is to go back to Scotland.

Total no-brainer sack McNamara and offer him the job in May.

Worked out well for him then eh, Lochee Utd oooh big time.

Individual anecdotes mean f**k all, and your pal is clearly an idiot.

Maybe he should have listened to his coaches and did what he was asked to he might not have ended up playing junior football.

I don't even know what you mean by that, everything I said was correct.

His career progression clearly didn't go very well did it, yet you use his case to try and prove you and him are right.

I would suggest its evidence that you're not.

Arguing about who should be the new manager whilst a game is STILL going on.

Dundee United fans. :lol:

Pretty sure neither Deeboy nor FuzzyAfro are actually United fans.

And FWIW, I'd like any manager who can teach our defenders how to defend.

SCOTT BROWN BOOKED

Whose the referee? He surely must have some masonic, anti-catholic agenda for that to have happened.

Shows just how pish we've been in the last few games that that is a positive point for us.

Archived