East Fife v Arbroath

Another disappointing result for Arbroath last night. Can't believe they have chucked the league away as a few months ago they had it wrapped up. Massive game for East Fife, after 2 hugely disappointing results I hope we can return to winning ways and strengthen our play off place. I'm sure Fash will be back in squad on Saturday and hopefully Julen will be back also. Not sure how long Kevin Smith remains out. I predict a tight game but I would take a scrappy win with a 93rd minute penalty right now. Mon the Fife.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fash back from suspension. Desperately need Julen back in the squad ASAP. In the 2 games he hasn't been in the starting XI this year, we've lost them both. Fingers crossed. Think this will be tight one also. I think it will all come down to which team wants the 3 points the most on saturday.

According to Naysmith's post Shire interview, Jules will not be back.

Hope he's wrong as we have badly missed him.

Liam Smith was also a miss against the Shire and we are likely to be without him again, so likely to see Brown pushed back there. I prefer him in midfield, but with Mullen a doubt and no Liam Smith, we don't have many options.

Desperately need to get the season back uo and running for the play off push.

Prediction - a 0-0 shitfest

Didn't Naysmith say a few weeks back that Kevin Smith and McAleer would be fit for this?

Missing Julen is a blow, from the reviews and highlights he is far too good at this level and Dundee are rumoured to be interested.

Arbroath have completely shat the bed in terms of winning the league, what a terrible run of form you lot of have been on. I have Albion Rovers to win the league anyway at 4/1, so I'm quite happy.

Important not to lose any of the 3 home games, I think if EF can take 7 out of 9 we will be in a strong position to get 4th place, need to get players back from injury. Some have a point to prove after last weeks performance. If Mullen is fit then I'd play him at right back for the next 3 as Liam Smith is on international duty until 1st April. Get Ross Brown back into midfield and Riordan off the CF, whether that Is Fash or Kev.

This is an important few games ahead for us.

A.We are by no means safely in play-offs.

B.We can't possibly go into play-offs if we make it playing the way we are.

So I hope we start making ourselves hard to beat in the first instance then start to find the back of the net once again before it's too late.

I like Ross Brown on the right side of defence. He's decent in midfield but for me his intelligence, fitness, technical ability and composure tick all the boxes for an overlapping wing back. More importantly the Gaffer understands more than anyone the attributes required for that role.

Looking forward to seeing Fash and Deek re-establish the understanding that ripped Elgin City apart a couple of weeks back.

Arbroath should not be under-estimated though. They may have gone off the boil since the turn of the year but they have the same individuals that tore us a new one in the second-half back in December...

Arbroath all over us for the first 15-20 minutes, don't think we got out our half, but in all fairness our keeper hadn't had to make a single save the entire half, but Arbroath's keeper is lucky to be on the park how can bringing a man down on basically the goal line not be denying a goal scoring opportunity? Result? Ref bottles it, books him and keeper saves the penalty, you just knew it was going to happen!

We've definitely come back into it the last 20 minutes or so and probably deserve the lead as we've created a few chances and that us something that Arbroath with all their early possession failed to do!!!

Archived