Killie vs Motherwell

I saw this linked on Steelmen - probably my favourite game at Rugby park (the last game before admin being the other one) has my favourite ever 'Well player getting a hatrick...

If anyone thinks referees have got worse - Waddel will be a revelation for younger viewers - the backpass decision being the funniest one :)

ETA: Still can't get over that fucking minging strip we had that season! I remember the sent poor Jamie Dolan out at halftime at the end of the previous season to model it- I can still remember the laughter :)

Remember that well. Won scottish cup that year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mainly cos you got pumped in all those games?

Couldn't tell you last time fir park resembled a grass pitch.

My horse eats the grass over the summer.

I saw this linked on Steelmen - probably my favourite game at Rugby park (the last game before admin being the other one) has my favourite ever 'Well player getting a hatrick...

If anyone thinks referees have got worse - Waddel will be a revelation for younger viewers - the backpass decision being the funniest one :)

ETA: Still can't get over that fucking minging strip we had that season! I remember the sent poor Jamie Dolan out at halftime at the end of the previous season to model it- I can still remember the laughter :)

Jeezo that was nearly 20 year ago :o

Pascali and Slater suspended for this one. Normally, O'Hara would slot in at the back but he'll likely have to stay in midfield so surely young David Syme to make his first start? Playing against an experienced pro like McDonald will be an experience that's for sure...

People seem to think I have an unreasonable dislike of Pascali, but this sort of thing is exactly why. Two fit centre backs at the club, yet he gets himself suspended after picking up too many yellows for what, the hundredth time in his Killie career? Not exactly captain material now is it?

Pascali and Slater suspended for this one. Normally, O'Hara would slot in at the back but he'll likely have to stay in midfield so surely young David Syme to make his first start? Playing against an experienced pro like McDonald will be an experience that's for sure...

People seem to think I have an unreasonable dislike of Pascali, but this sort of thing is exactly why. Two fit centre backs at the club, yet he gets himself suspended after picking up too many yellows for what, the hundredth time in his Killie career? Not exactly captain material now is it?

I keep on hearing good things about Syme ,so hopefully he plays well then on Saturday. What's up with Ashcroft anyway? I take it he has a bad injury or something?

Ashcroft is fine as far as I'm aware. Just Connolly that's out for the season.

Syme is a very talented defender, and probably better than Adam Hodge who has been unlucky with injuries. If it wasn't for that then Hodge would be a first team player by now I have no doubts.

Have Hamilton ever had grass since they came up? Game was definitely played on plastic.

We lost at NDP in the cup when Accies were in what was then Division One, and it might even have been McCarthy's debut (at least his debut or one of his first starts), and it was on a synthetic surface.

Last time Accies came up to play in the proper league they had plastic in the first, but then put a grass pitch in for their SPL season, which is why it was piled up at the back of the stand.

Luckily, the grass got plenty of light because there's nothing blocking it so the grass grew pretty quickly, I believe.

Ashcroft is fine as far as I'm aware. Just Connolly that's out for the season.

My mate was up telling me that Ashcroft was out, he must have meant Connolly then.

Anyway, hopefully the weather is good for this along with a return in some fans with the ticket deals for this game. (A paying adult can get 3 children in for free, as I've been led to believe).

Last time Accies came up to play in the proper league they had plastic in the first, but then put a grass pitch in for their SPL season, which is why it was piled up at the back of the stand.

Luckily, the grass got plenty of light because there's nothing blocking it so the grass grew pretty quickly, I believe.

Yep - I'm pretty sure that they were forced to rip up the plastic pitch when they came under Billy Reid,

From Wiki:

Construction of the stadium was completed by Ballast Nedam in 2001.[2][dead link] The pitch was converted to artificial FieldTurf in 2004. After Hamilton was promoted to the Scottish Premier League in May 2008, the artificial surface had to be replaced bygrass due to league rules. In addition to the turf replacement, a temporary stand was erected in March 2008 to bring the stadium's capacity up to the league requirement of 6,000 all seater.

Finished moving now, gonna make the trek down for the game, dunno why, we never really do much at Rugbny park, but I've hardly been to any games this season. Quite looking forward to it. Really need a victory to keep the pressure on County, think we may have enough just to sneak it. If we can avoid any defensive howlers we've a reasonable chance.

Archived