Aberdeen v Partick Thistle, 4/4/15

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't imagine Taylor will start due to international duty. I wouldn't think there would be any other changes.

Going to this. First time to Pittodrie and I haven't seen us win since Morton in the cup (or the first game of the season in the league). Hoping that hoodoo breaks, but can we really win three in a row?

My advice is to wrap up warm and enjoy your trip. Apart from the 90 minutes of course.

I've got a bad feeling that our season is about to tail off like it did last season. Hope I'm wrong and we get the 3 points after St. Mirren's dramatic 1-0 win over Celtic on the Friday.

You can but dream eh?

Might make it up the road for this one. Hoping for a reasonably comfortable performance, expecting 1-0 by half time then shutting up shop until we get a second form an 87th minute free kick. Also hoping for Shankland to get a start after scoring 4 in 3 across the internationals, testimonial and development squad games, but expecting him to come on to run the clock down towards the end.

Can't wait for this. This will be my first Saturday 3pm game at Pittodrie since the game when Kenny Arthur fucked up to allow Leigh Hinds (whatever happened to him?) to score.

Not expecting much from the game but you never know given out record against some of the better side this season.

Decent city centre boozer recommendations please.

Fear not I believe the offy on King Street near Morrisons sells it.

Sells everything. The only thing is that the bottle will have been stored on the floor, most likely next to a bottle of bleach or something.

Can't wait for this. This will be my first Saturday 3pm game at Pittodrie since the game when Kenny Arthur fucked up to allow Leigh Hinds (whatever happened to him?) to score.

Not expecting much from the game but you never know given out record against some of the better side this season.

Leigh Hinds plays cricket now........

Shankland and Driver to start please as I think Hayes is still a doubt and a confidence boosting goal fest is what I think we are all looking for.

Partick, you're safe. Just roll over have your tummies tickled, a nice day out at the seaside and an ice cream then pop back down the round grateful you only shipped 3. That'd be swell.

Partick, you're safe. Just roll over have your tummies tickled, a nice day out at the seaside and an ice cream then pop back down the round grateful you only shipped 3. That'd be swell.

We've had too many visits to Parkhead and Pittodrie where we've attempted to sit in and just ended up getting picked off by a goal or two without threatening the home team.

Our previous visit to Pittodrie this season being a case in point. I think we managed one shot on target.

Hopefully we are fired up for this and press as high up as the opposition allow.

The closest we've got to scoring is Higgy trying his luck from a kickoff in the Monday night shoeing last season.

I can dream of a point or three but would be happy with a committed performance with a goal or two. If that is enough to secure a point or all three that would be great.

Don't know Aberdeen that well but got a decent bit of pre match scran and a good pint in Old Blackfriars on Castle Street. The Archibald Simpson across the way is a big Whetherspoons. Ends up like a zoo by about two o'clock but the drink is cheap. Plenty of football fans last time.

Pittodrie Bar is okay but will be mobbed afore a Saturday game I reckon.

We're definitely not safe either, with Aberdeen and Celtic as our next 2 games and Motherwell having Killie and St Mirren, it's not beyond the realms of fantasy to suggest they could be 3 points behind us when they come to Firhill last game before the split.

Been having a nagging regret all week about not going to this, but then thought if I do go at late notice I could regret it even more. So for the greater good I'm not going and then at least if I regret it we;ll have done well.

Don't know Aberdeen that well but got a decent bit of pre match scran and a good pint in Old Blackfriars on Castle Street. The Archibald Simpson across the way is a big Whetherspoons. Ends up like a zoo by about two o'clock but the drink is cheap. Plenty of football fans last time.

Cheers mate.

I've only ever been to Pittodrie by car and we would use the pubs down at the harbour. No use to us on Saturday as we're going up on the train.

I mind in one of my last trips up there - a 1-0 win in 2003, we were kept behind for our own safety after the game and bundled into police vans. Fans that travelled by train were driven to the station as well. Pretty surreal. Never experienced anything like that with Thistle before or since.

Cheers mate.

I've only ever been to Pittodrie by car and we would use the pubs down at the harbour. No use to us on Saturday as we're going up on the train.

I mind in one of my last trips up there - a 1-0 win in 2003, we were kept behind for our own safety after the game and bundled into police vans. Fans that travelled by train were driven to the station as well. Pretty surreal. Never experienced anything like that with Thistle before or since.

Cheers mate.

Beside the train station, Aitchies is ok, then jump over a street or two to CASC (ace bar), maybe cross over or under Union st to the Prince of Wales, decent but busy with shoppers nae doot, then head along Union st to the castlegate, Archibald Simpsons (big, cheap, busy and pretty shit), or blackfriers and the tilted wig across the road (baith preferable to Simpsons imo). Cut through the castlegate to the Saltoun Arms, from there its 5 mins to the away end or walk down king st, often get away fans in the Scotia, pitt bar will be rammed and shit.

If after the PoW you fancy the poncy scene (thistle, so might suit :-) ), instead of going along Union st, head up to Brew Dog for Scottish ponce, then down to Six° North for Belgium ponce then onto King St and the Scotia for shit guinness, but you wont care by then.

Beside the train station, Aitchies is ok, then jump over a street or two to CASC (ace bar), maybe cross over or under Union st to the Prince of Wales, decent but busy with shoppers nae doot, then head along Union st to the castlegate, Archibald Simpsons (big, cheap, busy and pretty shit), or blackfriers and the tilted wig across the road (baith preferable to Simpsons imo). Cut through the castlegate to the Saltoun Arms, from there its 5 mins to the away end or walk down king st, often get away fans in the Scotia, pitt bar will be rammed and shit.

If after the PoW you fancy the poncy scene (thistle, so might suit :-) ), instead of going along Union st, head up to Brew Dog for Scottish ponce, then down to Six° North for Belgium ponce then onto King St and the Scotia for shit guinness, but you wont care by then.

That's spot on mate, cheers.

I mind being in the Triple Kirks when I was last up in Aberdeen for a night out about 9 years ago, was going to try that at some point as well.

That's spot on mate, cheers.

I mind being in the Triple Kirks when I was last up in Aberdeen for a night out about 9 years ago, was going to try that at some point as well.

Shit pints and the slowest service in Aberdeen, I wouldn't bother.

Archived