Forfar vs Airdrie

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A crunch, must win match for both teams if they are to keep up their pursuit of title / play off place.

Our line up will depend on if either Baxter or Young are fit to play. Stuart Malcolm being available again after his suspension should at last give us cover but I would doubt he'll be back in the team.

On the back of four wins on the spin if we can make it five I would be delighted. Biggest problem to me is dealing with the lad Fraser as in the last two games against us (1-1 in December and the 3-1 TV match)I felt he's bossed the midfield and dictated the match too much. If Young isn't fit I'd play James Dale and Foxy in midfield.

Our home form has been superb all season, hopefully it can continue for two more games!

Lister has been the only CF in the league that has really shown Doddsy's weaknesses so its a plus he is out.

I think Young will be fit, we are getting to that stage of the season where you really have to dig in and play through the pain barrier. If Baxter is injured then Dunlop straight in, thought he did very well on Saturday.

Start Baxter if he's fit, if not start Dunlop. Gaffer might put Travis to right back and Malcolm beside Dods though.

And if Young doesn't make it, I'd go for Husband next to Foxy.

Lister, and wee Cunningham at Stirling, have tortured Dods this season, so I'm not upset that Lister is out.

The next two games are our hardest of the run-in. Six points and I think we'll go on and win it.

Always a tough place to travel to, and I don't think out record up there is all that good.

Brechins win at Morton on Saturday has piled the pressure on us here. They're at home to the divisions mugs, while we've got a very difficult game against a promotion chasing outfit.

If we perform the way we did at the TV game, then Forfar have much to fear. They were rank rotten that day, though, and their results have been steady since.

I thought they absolutely robbed us at the start of the season, when they escaped with a 1-2, I'd be delighted if we did the same.

As usual I feel confident defensively, but without Lister I worry about our goal threat. Having said that, we've won 4 out of the 5 games that he's missed, and the one we lost was to a wonder goal away at the league leaders.

I think it'll be first goal wins, both sides are strong at the back and will be able to sit back and hit on the break well if they take the lead.

What pubs are near the ground, apart from the Plough?

Caley bar just round the corner from the plough , there's a bar round the back of the main stand at the ground or town centre is only a 10 minute walk from station park

'Mon Airdire!

The people who have slagged us 'diddy teams' all season ...now so desperate that they are now begging the 'diddy teams' to do them a favour......too late for you clowns now, enjoy the play offs!! :P

Archived