Forfar vs Airdrie

Was in hospitality today, absolutely first class. The meal, the hosting ,then the result. I thought Rab should have decked him with one punch not two ;) There were some decent Airdrie fans behind us in the main stand but also i think there was someone videoing it aswell from Airdrie.Hopefullly he caught the sub humans attacking Rab. Worst thing i have witnessed at a game in my lifetime. Anyway well done Forfar, keep up the good work on and off the park :thumsup2

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purely on the match thought we were very good today. Defence our real strong point, Dods and Travis winning nearly everything. Young was standout in midfield with Foxy very good beside him but it was a good team effort with everybody contributing.

Dipsy Thanks for bringing a bit of fun to the game.I have always enjoyed going to Forfar and have always been welcomed by the club and fans .The idiots who went on the park should be dealt with in the stongest terms but not all Airdrie fans are scum

I have seen Forfar many times this season with my Forfar supporting grandson and credit where credit is due Forfar have stepped up to the mark and deserve a lot of credit for this season hopefully they can go on and win the league, I really could not suffer listening to the Morton supporters if they win the league. Only downside for me is that twat Ian Campbell ( senior ) being involved did not cover himself in glory with his departure from Brechin and personally I feel he should never have been allowed back into Glebe Park. Maybe two Angus teams in division 1 next year come on the City.

I couldn't make yesterday's game so not really in a position to comment on the incident at the end. However, I can't think of many instances where it would be justified in attacking a footballer on the pitch so what happened yesterday isn't acceptable.

Some of the Airdrie fans that are describing fellow supporters as "scum" and "not real fans" need to stop being so sanctimonious and judgmental. There are loads of Airdrie fans who enjoy and revel in the notoriety our fans attract, they see it as a badge of honour and join in songs like "down in deepest Africa" and "Let me take you by the hand" etc so they participate in the whole culture of celebrating anti-social/violent behaviour themselves then sit in judgment when someone inevitably takes it too far...

When Airdrieonians were going out of business it was these "type of supporters" that fought tooth and nail to keep us afloat, that are behind the new disabled shelter we are going to have at the stadium, contribute to massive amounts of time to supporters trust initiatives, running youth teams etc. So while yesterday did no good for the club, that doesn't automatically make them any less of a supporter than others- everyone has made a rash decision in their life when under the influence or wound up- maybe not to the extent of running on a pitch and attacking someone to be fair, but nobody is perfect calling folk "scum" is a disgrace.

It shouldn't have happened, but everyone make mistakes, especially when drink is involved. Nobody was killed. Rab Douglas is a big guy and I am sure he could handle himself better than 98% of fellow footballers so I doubt he will have lost sleep over it. Not great for kids to see though I would concede. Life time bans? get a sense of reality- so someone shouldn't be allowed to attend a game at the age of 50 or 60 because of something they did 30 years earlier? that sounds a proportionate response....

Sorry but they are scum, life time bans plus jail time IMO. (If as bad as described that is) 40 point deduction for Airdrie also :)

I couldn't make yesterday's game so not really in a position to comment on the incident at the end. However, I can't think of many instances where it would be justified in attacking a footballer on the pitch so what happened yesterday isn't acceptable.

Some of the Airdrie fans that are describing fellow supporters as "scum" and "not real fans" need to stop being so sanctimonious and judgmental. There are loads of Airdrie fans who enjoy and revel in the notoriety our fans attract, they see it as a badge of honour and join in songs like "down in deepest Africa" and "Let me take you by the hand" etc so they participate in the whole culture of celebrating anti-social/violent behaviour themselves then sit in judgment when someone inevitably takes it too far...

When Airdrieonians were going out of business it was these "type of supporters" that fought tooth and nail to keep us afloat, that are behind the new disabled shelter we are going to have at the stadium, contribute to massive amounts of time to supporters trust initiatives, running youth teams etc. So while yesterday did no good for the club, that doesn't automatically make them any less of a supporter than others- everyone has made a rash decision in their life when under the influence or wound up- maybe not to the extent of running on a pitch and attacking someone to be fair, but nobody is perfect calling folk "scum" is a disgrace.

It shouldn't have happened, but everyone make mistakes, especially when drink is involved. Nobody was killed. Rab Douglas is a big guy and I am sure he could handle himself better than 98% of fellow footballers so I doubt he will have lost sleep over it. Not great for kids to see though I would concede. Life time bans? get a sense of reality- so someone shouldn't be allowed to attend a game at the age of 50 or 60 because of something they did 30 years earlier? that sounds a proportionate response....

Nope. Calling folk "scum" is not a disgrace.

Sectarian abuse and attacking footballers on the park is a disgrace.

Ran Douglas is a big guy so it makes it ok to attack him , get real and stop defending these clowns

It shouldn't have happened, but everyone make mistakes, especially when drink is involved. Nobody was killed. Rab Douglas is a big guy and I am sure he could handle himself better than 98% of fellow footballers so I doubt he will have lost sleep over it. Not great for kids to see though I would concede. Life time bans? get a sense of reality- so someone shouldn't be allowed to attend a game at the age of 50 or 60 because of something they did 30 years earlier?that sounds a proportionate response....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

'Couldnt make yesterday's game'

Sureeeee.You're the only person defending them!!!

If anybody at a game of football is mental enough to attack players on the park they should be nowhere near a football game for the rest of their lives you moron.

It's a pet hate of mine when fans say 'they aren't fans' when fans do something to shame the club, they traveled up to Forfar to watch us so clearly they are (unfortunately). However to try and defend their actions because of good actions done by that 'type of fan' is embarrassing. You're talking as if a natural side effect of doing good work for the club is attacking opposition players and that we should just accept that. Hundreds/thousands of fans attend games each weekend under the influence and they don't choose to run onto the park to attack people.

You're whole post is whataboutery of the highest order and trying to excuse the inexcusable.

It's a pet hate of mine when fans say 'they aren't fans' when fans do something to shame the club, they traveled up to Forfar to watch us so clearly they are (unfortunately). However to try and defend their actions because of good actions done by that 'type of fan' is embarrassing. You're talking as if a natural side effect of doing good work for the club is attacking opposition players and that we should just accept that. Hundreds/thousands of fans attend games each weekend under the influence and they don't choose to run onto the park to attack people.

You're whole post is whataboutery of the highest order and trying to excuse the inexcusable.

In response to Fashanu, whilst it may be true that some of the Section B have worked tirelessly in assisting the club in their darkest days, there's just no excuse for getting on the pitch to try and attack an opposition player.

Many of us (myself included) have been in a bad way at a match at one time or other, but I can genuinely say that I've never felt the need to get at any player on the park, and I feel I speak for the vast majority of football fans who not only like a few beers, but may have been involved in something at one point in time.

Get real it was a premeditated attack by the scum of society. You defending them makes you look bad.

Archived