Forfar vs Airdrie

Some of the Airdrie fans that are describing fellow supporters as "scum" and "not real fans" need to stop being so sanctimonious and judgmental. There are loads of Airdrie fans who enjoy and revel in the notoriety our fans attract,

All of the long-standing Airdie fans on here don't resemble that remark and they have supported their team through all of the recent vicissitudes and have done so with good humour.

I did enjoy this tweet from The Brickie:

post-44711-0-26276900-1428858138_thumb.j

If that was a genuine tweet from him then great respect.

I do though, have a question for the Airdrie boys. How is Gasparotto doing? Is he cutting the mustard for you?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it isn't. It's pointing out the fact that seldom are situations as black and white as people like to portray. I am not excusing what happened- it was out of order but often the people involved in these events are those who do the most for our club and building its place in the community- I mentioned some recent initatives by people who were no angels in the past- we all know who they are. To question people like that's devotion to their club is absolutely ludicrous,

And yet they should be absolutely nowhere near their football club or anybody else's if they feel the need to attack players

The personas people present on the internet for others' benefit are quite often different from how they behave in real life.

This may well be true but the regular Airdrie fans who post on here have always been sane and sensible.

Gasparatto has been excellent. Solid and consistent, just apity he has been away so long with Canada this season.

Thanks for that. I think a fair few Bears think he could be a bit of a player. Shame he never really got a shot at Ibrox but hope he continues to put in a shift with Airdrie.

No it isn't. It's pointing out the fact that seldom are situations as black and white as people like to portray. I am not excusing what happened- it was out of order but often the people involved in these events are those who do the most for our club and building its place in the community- I mentioned some recent initatives by people who were no angels in the past- we all know who they are. To question people like that's devotion to their club is absolutely ludicrous,

What a bunch of pavement-dancing losers :lol:

I couldn't make yesterday's game so not really in a position to comment on the incident at the end. However, I can't think of many instances where it would be justified in attacking a footballer on the pitch so what happened yesterday isn't acceptable.

Some of the Airdrie fans that are describing fellow supporters as "scum" and "not real fans" need to stop being so sanctimonious and judgmental. There are loads of Airdrie fans who enjoy and revel in the notoriety our fans attract, they see it as a badge of honour and join in songs like "down in deepest Africa" and "Let me take you by the hand" etc so they participate in the whole culture of celebrating anti-social/violent behaviour themselves then sit in judgment when someone inevitably takes it too far...

When Airdrieonians were going out of business it was these "type of supporters" that fought tooth and nail to keep us afloat, that are behind the new disabled shelter we are going to have at the stadium, contribute to massive amounts of time to supporters trust initiatives, running youth teams etc. So while yesterday did no good for the club, that doesn't automatically make them any less of a supporter than others- everyone has made a rash decision in their life when under the influence or wound up- maybe not to the extent of running on a pitch and attacking someone to be fair, but nobody is perfect calling folk "scum" is a disgrace.

It shouldn't have happened, but everyone make mistakes, especially when drink is involved. Nobody was killed. Rab Douglas is a big guy and I am sure he could handle himself better than 98% of fellow footballers so I doubt he will have lost sleep over it. Not great for kids to see though I would concede. Life time bans? get a sense of reality- so someone shouldn't be allowed to attend a game at the age of 50 or 60 because of something they did 30 years earlier? that sounds a proportionate response....

What a total minter of a last paragraph.

No it isn't. It's pointing out the fact that seldom are situations as black and white as people like to portray. I am not excusing what happened- it was out of order but often the people involved in these events are those who do the most for our club and building its place in the community- I mentioned some recent initatives by people who were no angels in the past- we all know who they are. To question people like that's devotion to their club is absolutely ludicrous.

That's my last post on the matter.

If devotion = attacking players from other clubs then you have a really warped sense of what 'devotion' means.

When is it acceptable to attack football players I wonder?

Also how will a fine dished out to their club be beneficial to Airdieonians?

:1eye

Jesusmaryandfuckingjoseph. Look who it isnae - Lichtie and Jagfox. The bottom-feeders of Pie and Bovril. I thought you kept your shit-wallowing ways to The Big Thread and all Secvo-related matters. Now I see you're branching out down Lanarkshire ways.

Nothing to see here, chaps. Not even a purvey for you professional mourners. Have you an opinion on how Gasparatto is playing at Airdrie then you're welcome. Otherwise get your mendacious and prurient arses elsewhere.

Jesusmaryandfuckingjoseph. Look who it isnae - Lichtie and Jagfox. The bottom-feeders of Pie and Bovril. I thought you kept your shit-wallowing ways to The Big Thread and all Secvo-related matters. Now I see you're branching out down Lanarkshire ways.

Nothing to see here, chaps. Not even a purvey for you professional mourners. Have you an opinion on how Gasparatto is playing at Airdrie then you're welcome. Otherwise get your mendacious and prurient arses elsewhere.

Hiya Kinky, hiya pal. Condoning player assaults now? I know that has been "acceptable behaviour" at ibrox in the past but it's the 21st century for fux sakes not 1985 or in your clubs case the late 17th century ;)

Cute of you sticking up for #sashbash brothers in section b.

P.s. Did your team, who play in the Championship, not have a game today?

Why are you on here?

When was the last time I posted on BRALT? I don't think I have this year?

This is a pretty topical thing fans attacking players.

Stop havering shite Kincy cause the journeys ruined you. 8)

I couldn't make yesterday's game so not really in a position to comment on the incident at the end. However, I can't think of many instances where it would be justified in attacking a footballer on the pitch so what happened yesterday isn't acceptable.

Some of the Airdrie fans that are describing fellow supporters as "scum" and "not real fans" need to stop being so sanctimonious and judgmental. There are loads of Airdrie fans who enjoy and revel in the notoriety our fans attract, they see it as a badge of honour and join in songs like "down in deepest Africa" and "Let me take you by the hand" etc so they participate in the whole culture of celebrating anti-social/violent behaviour themselves then sit in judgment when someone inevitably takes it too far...

When Airdrieonians were going out of business it was these "type of supporters" that fought tooth and nail to keep us afloat, that are behind the new disabled shelter we are going to have at the stadium, contribute to massive amounts of time to supporters trust initiatives, running youth teams etc. So while yesterday did no good for the club, that doesn't automatically make them any less of a supporter than others- everyone has made a rash decision in their life when under the influence or wound up- maybe not to the extent of running on a pitch and attacking someone to be fair, but nobody is perfect calling folk "scum" is a disgrace.

It shouldn't have happened, but everyone make mistakes, especially when drink is involved. Nobody was killed. Rab Douglas is a big guy and I am sure he could handle himself better than 98% of fellow footballers so I doubt he will have lost sleep over it. Not great for kids to see though I would concede. Life time bans? get a sense of reality- so someone shouldn't be allowed to attend a game at the age of 50 or 60 because of something they did 30 years earlier? that sounds a proportionate response....

Word salad.

"many"? Should that not be "any"?

Hiya Kinky, hiya pal. Condoning player assaults now? I know that has been "acceptable behaviour" at ibrox in the past but it's the 21st century for fux sakes not 1985 or in your clubs case the late 17th century ;)

I was here to a. big-up The Brickie and b. ask about Gasparotto. You're here as a well-kent ambulance-chaser.

This attack was not a surprise see Stranraer airdrie thread on here of a few weeks ago. Airdrie fans were revelling in it and taking the piss cos it was raised as a bit shite at this level to have thugs ruining what is usually good natured banter. That day the police spoke to airdrie fans behind the goal after an incident with our keeper. As I said club should be ashamed as they must see this every away game.

I heard there was trouble at the pie shop from away fans too. I had one get bolshy with me second half, I was standing with my 8 year old boy, disgraceful. He then went off with a steward all pally with him. Our stewards are poor. I appreciate not all Airdrie fans are knuckle dragging Buckfast swilling oiks but those types were all over the place today.

Same at Stranraer. All the usual airdrie fans on here thought it was great. Warning signs have been there hope the club get absolutely hammered.

Archived