Matty Phillips

BAWS

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phillips is doing well and is unlucky to have been overlooked, but I still don't get the Forrest-hate. He's scored some important goals, can tear up opposition with his pace and likes to cut inside where he used to maybe linger on the wing when he had first broken into the Celtic team. He's been YPOY and every manager he's worked with really rates him. The only thing he's lacking is full 90-minutes a week fitness and confidence. Give the guy a chance.

Phillips is doing well and is unlucky to have been overlooked, but I still don't get the Forrest-hate. He's scored some important goals, can tear up opposition with his pace and likes to cut inside where he used to maybe linger on the wing when he had first broken into the Celtic team. He's been YPOY and every manager he's worked with really rates him. The only thing he's lacking is full 90-minutes a week fitness and confidence. Give the guy a chance.

The reason is he is capable of doing all you say but never produces it consistently enough. He doesn't do his job defensively and in tight games against good sides we can't afford to carry a passenger.

The reason is he is capable of doing all you say but never produces it consistently enough. He doesn't do his job defensively and in tight games against good sides we can't afford to carry a passenger.

Fair enough re the defensive side of things (I've never really paid much attention to that side of his game and it's a fair point that we need guys who will dig in when needed). Consistency is all down to his injuries over the last 2-3 years though - it would come with a few months of starting every week. that's where I'd argue that Phillips is unlucky (in that he's been playing every week where Forrest hasn't)

I do rate Forrest as he certainly has ability but I do not see any major progression in his game over the last year or two. Like a later poster has said he is majorly inconsistent. Phillips has been consistent for nigh on 6 months in a far tougher enviroment so should have gotten the nod. Sure Forrest will still do well enough if called upon.

How is the guy a wallpuncher for not rating James Forrest? Explain to me how Forrest is better than Phillips please.... Go.

Right I've been extremely tolerant of your attitude and unique brand of garbage posting.

Lets start from the top:

1. His name is Matt Phillips. "Matty Phillips" is never acceptable conduct.

2. You disagree with Gordon Strachan, so why don't you and Leomessi1984 write a wee letter to the SFA. Perhaps inform them you know best, and to consider your application. Perhaps you could highlight your plans to built the team around fluffers like Charlie Adam and Matt Phillips ?

3. Forrest has better ability in the following areas

• Game awareness
  • Acceleration over 5 yards
  • Ball control
  • Running off the ball
  • knowledge of fellow Scotland players
  • Ability to beat a man
  • More likely to score a goal
  • Control over ball when dribbling
  • Passing ability
  • The ability to produce a game changing moment.

4. The reason why James Forrest hasn't kicked on over the last two years is of course because he's been injured.

5. Your posting at a very low level. Please improve or risk being popped on ignore.

It's true though, Forrest is issue to playing with Mulgrew, Brown etc.

Issue to playing......

Please improve your spell check or risk being popped on ignore. The only letter I need to write is to whoever gave you access to the Internet!

Right I've been extremely tolerant of your attitude and unique brand of garbage posting.

Lets start from the top:

2. You disagree with Gordon Strachan, so why don't you and Leomessi1984 write a wee letter to the SFA. Perhaps inform them you know best, and to consider your application. Perhaps you could highlight your plans to built the team around fluffers like Charlie Adam and Matt Phillips ?

• Game awareness
  • Ball control
  • Running off the ball
  • Ability to beat a man
  • Passing ability

4. The reason why James Forrest hasn't kicked on over the last two years is of course because he's been injured.

5. Your posting at a very low level. Please improve or risk being popped on ignore.

Phillips has better ability in the following areas

• Game awareness
  • Ball control
  • Running off the ball
  • Ability to beat a man
  • Passing ability

We can all do this about any player because its all opinion unless you want to provide proper facts. The only post I have read so far that is of a low level is the one above. Next time bring more to the table than just opinion if you want to shoot someone down so emphatically as you thought you just did.

Lets start from the top:

• Game awareness
  • Ball control
  • Running off the ball
  • Ability to beat a man
  • Passing ability

Please put me on ignore... You are clearly mentally disturbed and I don't want you reading my posts incase I mention my real name or address in the future.

Phillips has better ability in the following areas

• Game awareness
  • Ball control
  • Running off the ball
  • Ability to beat a man
  • Passing ability

We can all do this about any player because its all opinion unless you want to provide proper facts. The only post I have read so far that is of a low level is the one above. Next time bring more to the table than just opinion if you want to shoot someone down so emphatically as you thought you just did.

^^^ Worst post ever ?

Archived