Matty Phillips

BAWS

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad its an away game, least it means the Tartan Army hordes wont be pissing and shitting all over the Southside singing stupid nonsense from the Sound of Music and their up for a party even if we lose pish

Do you live in the Southside Bert ?

He probably deserves a call up to the squad but QPR beating any team in Scotland is completely irrelevant.

Was making the point that him being an outstanding player in a team that's better than others we've been recruiting from (such as those in Scotland) should raise questions as to his lack of involvement. In that sense, I think that it is relevant.

• 1 month later...
  • Game awareness
  • Acceleration over 5 yards
  • Ball control
  • Running off the ball
  • knowledge of fellow Scotland players
  • Ability to beat a man
  • More likely to score a goal
  • Control over ball when dribbling
  • Passing ability
  • The ability to produce a game changing moment.

What James Forrest have you been watching over the last 3 years.

Ability to beat a man - LOL I have never witnessed as poor a Celtic player as Forrest when it comes to beating a man.

Option 1 - Run straight into the full back and fall to the ground in the hope you get a free-kick

Option 2 - If passes the full back, just run the ball out for a goal kick and fall over in the hope you get a free-kick

Pace, ball control, passing and whatever other false attributes you assign to him are completely void if you just do the above.

James Forrest should be nowhere near a Scotland jersey

On MATTY phillips, the guy deserves a call up at the very least based on his performances in the second half of last season. If James Forrest can play for a football team and guys like Ritchie and Forsyth can walk into the XI then Matty Phillips is certainly worth a punt

• 1 month later...

surely he will be in the next squad? he plays in the English Championship which is a prerequisite for Strachan is it not?

If he couldn't get in the squad last season, I'm not sure that he will definitely get in anytime soon.

With that being said, as a player he is someone I like anytime I have seen him play for QPR. If we get some call offs or injuries in the wide positions I'm sure he will get his chance.

Like others have said, there is a reasonably settled squad so I don't expect any major changes. The only changes to the squad will be the 'squad' players that rarely get much game time anyway and they are only likely to drop out due to injury.

If he couldn't get in the squad last season, I'm not sure that he will definitely get in anytime soon.

With that being said, as a player he is someone I like anytime I have seen him play for QPR. If we get some call offs or injuries in the wide positions I'm sure he will get his chance.

Like others have said, there is a reasonably settled squad so I don't expect any major changes. The only changes to the squad will be the 'squad' players that rarely get much game time anyway and they are only likely to drop out due to injury.

He's surely got to be a better option than James Forrest?

For pace alone, having Anya down one side and Phillips down the other would be frightening.

Archived