Aberdeen v Dundee United

Didn't expect much from today and 1-0 wasn't as bad as I was fearing it could be. Can't comment on the performance but I really hope that we can pick up some points from some of our remaining games and hang on to 4th spot.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Likely that 4th will get Europe (barring a great showing from Falkirk in the final). I would love it (a la Kevin Keegan) if either Dundee or Saints beat them to it. This "golden generation" of young players will have achieved nothing. No trophies, no European qualification, zilch, nada. How does it feel arabs?

Somebody on Favebook just said it was 658, surely that's not right?

Sadly true, buddy.

Fans have given up - expect pathetic crowds for the remainder. Our lack of ability in front of goal is embarrassing.

Season ended 01/02/15

Sadly true, buddy.

Fans have given up - expect pathetic crowds for the remainder. Our lack of ability in front of goal is embarrassing.

Season ended 01/02/15

Serious question - what's the likelihood of us getting the whole Jerry Kerr for the derby.

Just caught the goal on ArabZone. Losing a cheap goal from a set-piece? Well I never!

We are utterly atrocious at all forms of set-pieces, both attacking and defensive. Every free kick, corner and even throw in is either a total waste or a nerve-wracking experience. Stephen Thompson's fault IMO.

About as comfortable an afternoon as we could wish for against Dundee United. Indeed without getting out of second gear or impressing in any way, shape or form, we picked up the 3 points.

Kudos to our players for their defensive discipline in the last 20 minutes, albeit against a side lacking any inventiveness. Nonetheless it was an exercise in positional discipline that we passed well, pleasingly so.

Seems like Robson elbowed Telfer, which is idiotic, whether deliberate or not. However it was a relatively straightforward three points and glad to see Rooney get on the scoresheet.

Can see why Waffelz is about to top himself, United were dire going forward, no inventive streak at all. Stay strong Waffelz, life could be worse, you could support Hibs or Greenock Morton.

Have now had a chance to watch the highlights (youtube with proxy).

Robson incident - it's an unfortunate one but there is contact there. It could have been let go, it could have been a yellow but now that the ref gave a red I think there is enough there that any appeal board would throw out an appeal.

Therefore I presume we wont appeal and two (?) match ban coming up

Archived