Stranraer v Morton

Have Stranraer fans always been a bunch of raving lunatics or is this a new thing? I've never noticed them before in all my years on here but they make the junior team's fans on here seem like normal, down to earth people.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I did notice that now that Morton are, for now, back in contention....

their posters are no longer blubbing about what a shite league it is.

I don't tend to bring it up unless someone decides it's a good idea to try and say otherwise, and do so to have a go at people who, rightly, call the league shite.

If people didn't continually say it's a good league, you probably wouldn't see it brought up as often as it has been.

As for this game, I reckon we might sneak this one, but I'm not sure where I'm getting this from. I trust my gut though.

Well, I did notice that now that Morton are, for now, back in contention....

their posters are no longer blubbing about what a shite league it is.

No one was blubbing about it being a shite league, they were just pointing out that it is. That doesn't mean that Stranraer and Forfar haven't had good seasons - they're both better teams than Morton - but be honest here, when was the last time teams of our standard would have been close to winning the league? Are any of these sides close to the standard of say, Cowdenbeath in 11/12 or even Stirling in 09/10?

Acknowledging that the standard of the league is poorer than it has been in the past doesn't detract from the excellent jobs Stevie Aitken and Dick Campbell have done. It's simply an honest appraisal of the standard and it isn't indicative of arrogance when you acknowledge that your own team is shite too.

Toonblue, on 19 Apr 2015 - 16:59, said:

If Morton manage to go up either by winning it or winning play off how do you rate your chances of staying in the championship?

If Duffy stays much longer than a month or two? We're fucked.

Toonblue, on 19 Apr 2015 - 17:22, said:

would it be right say that you are happy with your players it's mostly your manager your unhappy with?

I would say that in some cases, we aren't happy with our players. We'll need to do a bit of a clear out if we get promoted.

If Morton manage to go up either by winning it or winning play off how do you rate your chances of staying in the championship?

Only thing saving us would be the number of part time teams in the league, but we've proven already in the past two seasons that part time teams like to make us their bitches.

This squad of players we have right now could just about survive in the championship, but with Duffy in charge there's not a chance.

I would say that in some cases, we aren't happy with our players. We'll need to do a bit of a clear out if we get promoted.

Next season Id like to see a 4-3-3/4-5-1:

Gaston

New O'Ware Lamie/New New

Tidser New Holding CM Forbes

New Peaso Russell

I'd keep Caldwell and McManus if possible, along with Pepper, and Scullion.

We'd need to sign a few experienced players and ideally an experienced CM to play in between Tidser and Forbes.

It'll be interesting to see Stranraer's tactics on Saturday. We play well when teams come out and attack us - Dunfermline 4-0 game is a perfect example. But we really struggle to break teams down who sit in and try to counter.

If this squad was in the Championship managed by Duffy we'd have less points than we did last season. We need major strengthening of the squad as well as a new manager.

Last season's squad was more talented than this season's squad. This season's squad has amazing heart and never say die attitude, while last season's squad were absolutely pathetic in that sense.

I prefer this season's squad to last seasons, but i can't help but feel that last season's squad under Kenny Shiels would have romped this league, and i say that as someone who hated just about every single player we had last season, and wasn't impressed with Shiels from his very first interview and nothing improved as time went on.

Archived