Stranraer v Morton

Mark Russell as part of a front 3?

I couldn't disagree more with that.

Russell is like a left sided Seamus Coleman for me. Clearly not anywhere near that level before someone says it, but plays in a similar manner and has similar attributes.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Russell as part of a front 3?

I couldn't disagree more with that.

Russell is like a left sided Seamus Coleman for me. Clearly not anywhere near that level before someone says it, but plays in a similar manner and has similar attributes.

I think he'd be better on the left in a 4-5-1 as I said that would be one of my preferred formations. He's much better going forward.

It'll be interesting to see Stranraer's tactics on Saturday. We play well when teams come out and attack us - Dunfermline 4-0 game is a perfect example. But we really struggle to break teams down who sit in and try to counter.

That's what happened to us last time we were at Ton. We went at you from the start lost a goal due to a bad error, then got caught on the break chasing the game, if I remember right Ton did not sit in, but were pegged in,but one those funny games Stranraer could not score, and the Ton did, and it's goals that count

Not sure this thread will last until Saturday at this rate. Some amount of roasters kicking about.

Delighted that things are now back in our hands but, then again, we've rarely done well in that position with Duffy. f**k knows how this'll go.

We have done well on the road recently, 1 loss in 9 which includes 6 wins so we have nothing to fear going down to Stranraer on Saturday.

We got a good result the last time we were on Alba. Another result like that would be just perfect.

Not entirely confident about this game, it all depends on what team Heather the Weather deems fit. If we use O'Ware as a striker at any point (unless it's a Greacen-esque effort with 10 minutes to go if getting beaten) then I think I'll have a full-on meltdown.

Archived