Kilmarnock Summer Transfer 2015

Findlay seems like he'll be a good signing, but I'm unconvinced on the other two.

Smith was a good player about 10 years ago, but he's hardly excelled himself anywhere since then. He's not played much football recently, and he wasn't great at Aberdeen the last time he played at this level.

Carrick is a hard worker, but that's about it. File him under Mark Stewart. It's majorly small-time to take a fringe player on loan from Hearts too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smith was a good player about 10 years ago, but he's hardly excelled himself anywhere since then. He's not played much football recently, and he wasn't great at Aberdeen the last time he played at this level.

Rangers fans seemed to rate him, and apparently did well whilst playing in left midfield.

Carrick is a hard worker, but that's about it. File him under Mark Stewart. It's majorly small-time to take a fringe player on loan from Hearts too.

Harsh to liken him to Stewart, but "hard worker" seems to be Locke's number one criteria. If he's being signed as back-up to Boyd then it's an improvement on Miller/Ngoo/Eccleston, and one that would seemingly be a very low-cost improvement on those three.

What's the deal with N'goo btw?

Heard from people he was sacked but absolutely no word from the club.

Also heard it was all straightened out and will definitely be part of the set up this season.

What's the deal with N'goo btw?

Heard from people he was sacked but absolutely no word from the club.

Also heard it was all straightened out and will definitely be part of the set up this season.

No, he's definitely away mate. Good riddance

I reckon Boyd could come good for Killie, his finishing was appalling but he still showed he had the positional instinct that all good strikers need, confidence and a few less pies and I think Kris could do ok.

Prey you do not get McCulloch, decent player in his time but that was over 5 years ago, he is finished and should not be anywhere near a lower league team let alone a top tier club.

Smith had one or two decent games but for the most part he was dross, takes a great free kick though.

The strikers were just not getting the service for Rangers last year.

It wasn't just Boyd that wasn't finding the net.

He will score 15+ for us this year easy.

Give the big man half a chance and he will more likely than not stick it in.

Smith has signed. Think he'll be a steady left back which we are requiring. Get the lad Findley signed and him and Connely should be good together. Then if we can stretch the budget far enough, i'd love to see Leven use his contacts down south to bring in a centre mid. If it comes to the start of the season and we still don't have a Assisant manager, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Leven/Boyd took the role.

Apparantly the Mcculoch deal is 99% OFF. Two parties can't agree terms.

Have to admit, I'd find it hard to come from a place that was giving me £16k a week to a place giving me a grand a week. Haha.

Have to admit, I'd find it hard to come from a place that was giving me £16k a week to a place giving me a grand a week. Haha.

He doesn't need the money, let's face it.

Most support are reticent about him coming anyway so it's probably a good thing. Getting Kiltie and Slater signed up long term on better money is a higher priority than a late 30s thug IMO.

Does Locke know that Rangers lost 6-1 to Motherwell?

And Partick lost 4-1 to Killie.

Motherwell beat Killie 3-1.

Holy sh*t. By my maths you guys must be in big trouble when you meet Motherwell. :P

Highly rated :thumsup2 . Hopefully we play him in his actual position unlike our last Celtic loan player.

He can play a few positions. When he joined Sons he said he was a centre half / centre mid, and he played both those roles well, but he also played the odd time at right full back and left full back and did a decent job there also. Definitely a competent centre back. Fast, reads the game well and composed.

He can play a few positions. Definitely a competent centre back. Fast, reads the game well and composed.

I don't like the sound of this. It'll never catch on. Where are all the Simon Ford and Sissoko types we are used to?

Archived