Why Are You A Nationalist?

NotThePars

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yer either one of us, or yer one of them!"

Trying to denigrate a legitimate point of view as it is a threat to your own nationalism. As ever.

You can be a British nationalist, or a Scottish/English/Welsh one. You can't be neither, that's impossible if you are Scottish/Welsh/Engiish. Weirdos like you spouting your lies don't even understand what the word means in this context. Or pretending to not understand more likely.

Google it, its about political self-determination for Scotland/England/Wales or preferring a UK. You have to be one or the other, literally nobody can possibly be neither.

Kincardine has already said himself he is a unionist, that means he is a British nationalist. Its just a simple fact, but trumpets like him and you want to deny it so you can continue to use nationalist as a pejorative slur against us. Its disgusting, and you're the worst of the lot, at least he has a stake in it.

Trying to denigrate a legitimate point of view as it is a threat to your own nationalism. As ever.

You can be a British nationalist, or a Scottish/English/Welsh one. You can't be neither, that's impossible if you are Scottish/Welsh/Engiish. Weirdos like you spouting your lies don't even understand what the word means in this context. Or pretending to not understand more likely.

Google it, its about political self-determination for Scotland/England/Wales or preferring a UK. You have to be one or the other, literally nobody can possibly be neither.

Kincardine has already said himself he is a unionist, that means he is a British nationalist. Its just a simple fact, but trumpets like him and you want to deny it so you can continue to use nationalist as a pejorative slur against us. Its disgusting, and you're the worst of the lot, at least he has a stake in it.

^^ Post lacks 'citizen of the world maaaan' IMO

Make and justify the accusation. Have a shot.

If he did its fish in a barrel, you have already described yourself as 'a unionist' (game over right there) and your verbal masturbation about the British empire is the icing on the cake. You are the most blatant British nationalist outside of RedRob on here, it drips from your pores its that all consuming.

Add to that your mewlings about some Ulster regiment nobody gives a toss about (massive clue here - Ulster isn't in Scotland) its farcically stupid you're even asking anyone to make the accusation given your own posts have already closed the case long ago.

I accept what I have at the moment until I'm presented with a better option. I don't waste my time worrying about what flag flies above me as I have different things to concern me. That doesn't make me a nationalist. Well, certainly not "a raging britnat who fights independence with every fibre of his being" like some loony on here labeled me.

Scottish nationalism in 2015 is FOOLS GOLD, nothing more and nothing less. You are going to be worse off, have public services slashed, have loads more low wage migrants and lose many of the good migrants, the professionals and high net contributors, as well as loads of Scots who won't pay the snp's high tax or take their BS. It is a road to hell. This is fact, not supposition or airy fairy tartan BS. The country will be hurt badly, yourself and your families.

Scottish nationalism in 2015 is FOOLS GOLD, nothing more and nothing less. You are going to be worse off, have public services slashed, have loads more low wage migrants and lose many of the good migrants, the professionals and high net contributors, as well as loads of Scots who won't pay the snp's high tax or take their BS. It is a road to hell. This is fact, not supposition or airy fairy tartan BS. The country will be hurt badly, yourself and your families.

post-14721-14299064858151_thumb.jpg

I accept what I have at the moment until I'm presented with a better option. I don't waste my time worrying about what flag flies above me as I have different things to concern me. That doesn't make me a nationalist. Well, certainly not "a raging britnat who fights independence with every fibre of his being" like some loony on here labeled me.

Like myself, you don't appear to be especially well served with choice - I assume you're voting in Berwick?

You are presented with one option which is demonstrably better than the status quo, but I have to say I don't think you'll be putting your cross in Rachael's box.

The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, ForzaDundee, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am a nationalist.

Yeah except you're on here doing that every day champ. When you don't even live in this country and aren't Scottish. Nobody worries about flags, as ever you try to denigrate Scottish nationalism, we worry about children growing up in poverty.

Can some c**t with half a brain reply?

He doesn't seem to grasp that some people don't have as strong feelings for a nation state as him. He seems to think people are in one camp or the other and everyone in those camps are as passionate for the 'nation' they recognise, or simply accept, as him.

Make and justify the accusation. Have a shot.

That's a pretty defensive reply, which is understandable but still...

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, and I don't throw the raging britnat slur around.

It was one of the illuminating things about the referendum for me; the fact that there was more (of what I would call) nationalism by those defending the union than those proposing independence. It wasn't something I'd anticipated and it really opened my eyes. The word nationalist was spat out with such disdain by so many (supposedly) rational contributors to the political discourse.

You have been accused by others on the thread and in the interest of balance I wanted to see your side of the story.

He doesn't seem to grasp that some people don't have as strong feelings for a nation state as him. He seems to think people are in one camp or the other and everyone in those camps are as passionate for the 'nation' they recognise, or simply accept, as him.

As ever you talk utter nonsense, don't even understand what's being discussed and wade arrogantly into internal political debate in another country. Nationalism in this context is about politcal self-determination, not identity. You literally are clueless about what is being discussed here, or being deliberately obtuse to allow you to continue with lazy insults. Go and educate yourself on google about all this.

Archived