The invisible DUP

THE KING

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you insist on anglicisation of this poster's name, when he's made it clear that he doesn't appreciate this? At best patronising, I'm more inclined to say borderline racist.

You never did get round to explaining that Northern European Protestant Supremacy theory of yours,btw. Have a go at that, maybe, instead of showing yourself up as a blowhard without the balls to defend his prejudices.

You're verging on the stalking, Norman.

I never said anything about a Northern European Protestant Supremacy theory .

I may well have said that the least corrupt governments have been those who have been informed by The Reformation. Describe it however you want, but the best governed countries of the world have been/are those who are/were largely Protestant.How is this even up for discussion?

On another N.Irish point, what about the SDLP? They have been cited as potentially joining an Lab/SNP/Green/Plaid vote by vote arrangement, and yet, as far as I am aware the SDLP stand for a United Ireland, in other words a break away from the UK.

If oil was discovered under Belfast Lough attitudes and perceptions would soon shift.

You're verging on the stalking, Norman.

I never said anything about a Northern European Protestant Supremacy theory .

I may well have said that the least corrupt governments have been those who have been informed by The Reformation. Describe it however you want, but the best governed countries of the world have been/are those who are/were largely Protestant.How is this even up for discussion?

I suppose it would be taken as a wee bit cheeky for me to ask you to name some of these fantastically well governed countries?

Any continent, any era. In your own time...

I suppose it would be taken as a wee bit cheeky for me to ask you to name some of these fantastically well governed countries?

Any continent, any era. In your own time...

It's the usual ones. Why are you even arguing about this?

Edited to add: The world's best-governed countries are largely those who were influenced by The Reformation. Saying this isn't in the least bit sectarian nor even controversial.

It's the usual ones. Why are you even arguing about this?

I'm not arguing - I'm a simple seeker after knowledge. Knowledge which you seem loath to share.

Are these countries desirous of remaining secret, hiding their glories from all but a select few?

Or are you, perhaps, simply jabbering nonsense in the hope that you won't have to back up another ludicrous statement?

OK here's a deal. List the 10 least corrupt countries as you know them. I will do the same.

Nah, here's a deal. Answer the question I asked, rather than one which you think proves what you're saying. And number three is wrong, btw. Thirty-odd percent does not mean "mostly" by my understanding of the word.

Do carry on, it's amusing to watch you shifting the goal posts and still missing.

Archived